Kaiser Bakeware Kaiser 10-in. La Forme Plus Springform Pan - 7006370370 Reviews

Kaiser Bakeware Kaiser 10-in. La Forme Plus Springform Pan - 7006370370

The Ultimate Cheesecake Never Tasted So Good! Kaiser Bakeware La Forme

Feb 26, 2012 (Updated Feb 26, 2012)

Pros:tight seal, no leaking, non-stick, easy cleaning

Cons:finish came off a little, expensive

The Bottom Line: For the best cheesecake ever made, this pan is a MUST. No cheesecake pan ever performed like this one does!

I gave up making cheesecake. I mean it was an exercise in futility.  I would buy the expensive ingredients, make the recipe, and bake it and end up with inferior cheesecake.

One day I went into a cheesecake frenzy and wanted to buy cheesecake at a few places that carry it similar to how I wanted to make it.  I have an allergy to sugar cane, so I wanted to find some made with honey. Well with honey going so sky high, well, that wasn't going to happen.

I found a new pan which was EXPENSIVE but had such raving reviews that I got it with my Christmas money.  Boy was I glad I did!

WHAT IS THE KAISER BAKEWARE LAFORME 10in SPRINFORM PAN LIKE?

The Kaiser Bakeware La Forme Plus 10 in Springform pan is made industrial strength.  It has an excellent anti leak system as well as a spring clip that comes apart for easy cleaning.  The coating on the pan is heavy and truly stick free, without being cheap.

Company Claims:

-Ceramic-based coating offers an amazingly quick release and longer durability of the pan
-Commercial-grade, high-end carbon steel provides even heat distribution and retention
-Redesigned buckle opens and closes more freely and opens up completely for thorough cleaning
- Extra-deep 3" sides with leakproof bottom
-Rolled edges add rigidity to retain pan shape
-Designed for right- or left-handed use
-PTFE- and PFOA-free
-Raised base doubles as a serving piece
-Kaiser has been producing top quality bakeware for more than 90 years and is the largest springform pan manufacturer

HOW DOES THE KAISER BAKEWARE LA FORME SPRINGFORM PAN PERFORM?

When covering my pan with foil and baking in a shallow pan of water, the cheesecake that turns out is the best cheesecake that I've ever had!  The cake comes cleanly out of the pan, but you have to avoid sharp knives on the base.

As far as leaking, this pan is a dream.  Never had a problem with leakage, but if you do want to bake your cheesecake in waterbath, you do need to cover the pan in foil, as water will seep in.  The batter will not leak out under normal baking, however.

Clean up is a breeze.

A SMALL PROBLEM

I am not sure why, but after a year of using this pan we suddenly had the finish burst off of it in a small section and we are not quite sure what happened.  We are in the process of contacting the company as this pan has a 10 year warranty on it and it is only a few years old.

FINAL COMMENTS

I have never had a pan perform this beautifully.  It makes unbeatable cheesecake.  Having said that, however, I will say that this pan is not cheap.  If you can find one, it goes for around $50.  Amazon.com has them for $48 at the time of this writing.