Kellogg's Fiber Plus Antioxidants Nutty Delights Peanut & Dark Chocolate...5 Bars Per Box - 38000575945 Reviews

Peanut and Dark Chocolate Delight -- from Kellogg's Fiber Plus

Jul 24, 2012

Pros:good flavor, mix of peanuts and dark chocolate, individually wrapped bars

Cons:sodium and carbohydrates higher than I would like

The Bottom Line: If you are looking for a light snack, this Kellogg’s Fiber Plus Nutty Delights – Peanut & Dark Chocolate bar is a good choice.

I had a coupon in my hand with the tantalizing promise of peanuts and dark chocolate.  Into the shopping basket went these Kellogg’s Fiber Plus Nutty Delights – Peanut & Dark Chocolate bars.

Description & Nutrition

Kellogg’s advertises these bars as containing 25-percent daily fiber.  Each 1.2 ounce bar is about 3 1/2" long and 1 1/4" wide.  There are five individually wrapped bars in the box.

Some of the ingredients include: Roasted peanuts, chicory root fiber, rolled oats, sugar, whole grain barley, semisweet chocolate, crisp rice, natural and artificial flavors.  For a complete ingredient and nutrition accounting, please visit the manufacturer’s website.

Each bar has 150 calories.  There is zero Trans Fat and Cholesterol.  Sodium is 105mg, with 21g of Carbohydrates.

My Experiences

Visually, this bar is a pleasing mix of glazed peanuts and dark chocolate chips on a narrow bed of oats and crisped rice, all resting on a ledge of chocolate.  The mixture atop the chocolate bottom is not evenly dispersed, so it has a “handmade” look.  The packaging shows a thicker ledge of chocolate than the bars I bought have on them.

The flavors and textures work well together.  I can taste the sweetness of the glaze on the peanuts along with the chocolate.  The oats, crisped rice, peanuts, and dark chocolate chew well so that I feel as though I am eating a snack.

My one wish was that this bar was a bit larger.  Even taking small bites and chewing for a bit on each mouthful, this bar disappears way too quickly.  For someone searching for a serious snack, this bar will probably leave one feeling as though they want more to eat.  To appease a light snack craving, this bar is a good choice.

As for the mess factor, the bar tends to stick a bit inside the wrapper.  Most of the ingredients in the bar adhere well together.  However, there is some shedding, mostly of small bits of chocolate and the occasional oat.  The chocolate also can make hands sticky.  I take a bite of the bar and set it back on the wrapper on my desk until I’m ready for another bite.  This helps keep my hands clean so that I’m not in jeopardy of leaving a trail of chocolate across the paperwork I handle.

Purchasing

I buy these from my local grocery store for about $2.50 a box.  It’s great when there is a coupon!

Summary

These Kellogg’s Fiber Plus Nutty Delights – Peanut & Dark Chocolate bars make a nice afternoon snack … as long as I’m not too hungry.

I hope you found this review useful.

Enjoy the day,
Dawn

Please read my other reviews:

South Beach Living - Fiber-Fit S'mores

Skinny Cow Milk Chocolate Heavenly Crisp Candy Bars

Kellogg’s Special K Granola Bars with Chocolate Drizzle

Nature Valley Chewy Fruit & Nut Bars

Nature Valley Chewy Cranberry & Pomegranate

Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Cashew Bars

Copyright 2012 Dawn L. Stewart

Kellogg's Rice Krispies Gluten Free Cereal, Whole Grain Brown Rice, 12-ounce Box

Kellogg's Rice Krispies Gluten Free Cereal, Whole Grain Brown Rice, 12-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 4) Product Features: Pack of four, 12-ounce, total of 48-o...

Kelloggs Kashi GOLEAN Fiber and Protein Bars

Kelloggs Kashi GOLEAN Fiber and Protein Bars

Enjoy a healthy snack with Kellogg's Kashi GOLEAN Fiber & Protein Bars. These peanut butter chocolate protein bars satisfy your sweet tooth and are hi...

Kellogg's 27240 Go Lean Protein & Fiber Bars, Chocolate Peanut Butter, 1.76oz, 12/Box

Go Lean Protein & Fiber Bars, Chocolate Peanut Butter, 1.76oz, 12/Box

Smart Start Antioxidants Cereal, Original, 17.5-ounce Boxes (pack Of 4)

Smart Start Antioxidants Cereal, Original, 17.5-ounce Boxes (pack Of 4)

Visit our Store Ask a question FREE SHIPPING Smart Start Antioxidants Cereal, Original, 17.5-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 4) Upgrade to 2-Day Air for just $5....

Kellogg's Special K Milk Chocolate Protein Shake, 10 oz, 8ct

Kellogg's Special K Milk Chocolate Protein Shake, 10 oz, 8ct

The Kellogg's Special K Chocolate Milk Protein Shake is a delicious way to start your day. Each 10-oz Kellogg's Special K Protein Shake has 10 grams o...

Kellogg's Crunch Meal Bar KEB27240

Kellogg's Crunch Meal Bar KEB27240

Kellogg's KEB27240 Features: -Kashi GoLean chocolate peanut crunch meal bars.-Slow-release carbohydrates to balance blood sugar, protein and fiber to ...
Wayfair Supply

Kellogg's To Go Breakfast Shake Mix Milk Chocolate 1 Box 6 Packets

Kellogg's To Go Breakfast Shake Mix Milk Chocolate 1 Box 6 Packets

YOU ARE BUYING 1 NEW BOX KELLOGG'S TO GO BREAKFAST SHAKE MIX FLAVOR: MILK CHOCOLATE 1 BOX = 6 PACKETS **NOTE TO BUYER** TO SAVE ON SHIPPING, PACKETS W...

Kellogg's 51464 Kashi Go Lean Protein & Fiber Bars, Peanut Butter & Chocolate, 1.94oz, 12/Box

Kashi Go Lean Protein & Fiber Bars, Peanut Butter & Chocolate, 1.94oz, 12/Box