Eddie Bauer 3-In-1 Convertible Car Seat Reviews

Eddie Bauer 3-In-1 Convertible Car Seat

Very disappointing seat

May 11, 2007 (Updated May 11, 2007)
  • User Rating: Disappointing

Pros:saves money by having convertible seat and booster

Cons:Harness extremely difficult to tighten and carseat slides side to side.

The Bottom Line: Be sure to "test" the car seat in your car. Every seat fits differently so be sure you can return the car seat if you don't like it.

This seat was very disappointing. I have twins so buying two car seats is very expensive. I didn't want to give in to the hype of the Britax being the best seat so I tried the Eddie Bauer 3-in-1 deluxe and found that I could not tighten the harness on either seat. My husband could tighten them if he put all his strength into pulling the cord but that was just too much work for me. If I had only bought one seat I would have thought it was just defective but when both seats would not allow me to tighten my children safely into the seat, that's a problem with the manufacture.

Also, we could not figure out how to get the seats from sliding side to side. They never were securely fastened to my captain's chairs in the minivan. I realize that every car is different and each car seat will fit differently so it may be that the Eddie Bauer just didn't work with my van. However, I read a ton of reviews on car seats and I guess I should have listened to those who had problems with the straps. My advice is to be sure you have a return policy before buying. I made sure this was possible so I was able to return my car seats for a full refund and I used the money to buy two Britax. My twins love their seats now and are no longer fussy. I pays to do your research!

Age Range of Child: 0 to 12 Months

Find car seats and boosters at Target.com! This eddie bauer 3-1 convertible car seat grows with your child. Use it as a rear-facing seat when your bab...
Find car seats and boosters at Target.com! The eddie bauer 3-in-1 convertible car seat includes three modes of use, offering enhanced longevity and ye...
Find car seats and boosters at Target.com! Eddie bauer alpha elite 3-in-1 convertible car seat - camellia