Eddie Bauer 3-In-1 Convertible Car Seat Reviews

Eddie Bauer 3-In-1 Convertible Car Seat

Cosco Eddie Bauer 3 in 1 Convertible Car Seat

Aug 25, 2007 (Updated Aug 26, 2007)

Pros:Ample padding for back/hips, head protection is reinforced, sliding shoulder strap system.

Cons:Instructions assume consumer familiarity, LATCH strap installation is poorly described, "level" indicator not clearly identified.

The Bottom Line: Economical buy. Price, good for children 5 to 100 lbs, quality of construction, looks, quality padding and protection, overall ease of use, fits in a Chevy Suburban.

My wife and I researched this seat to the enth degree and and chose this based on what was best for us. The Alpha Omega Elite was the second option but lacked the additional lumbar/hip support we were looking for. $20 to up the protection was worth it in our opinion.

This seat is a convertible for rear/forward/booster use from 5 to 100 lbs, 19 to 52 inches. Our children using the seats are 8-month-olds weighing approximately 20 lbs each, height is currently 27 inches.

I've seen several complaints of the seat not fitting, problems with instructions, pinching thighs, etc and felt compelled to write a review post purchase and after some use.

The immediate fix to the installation issues, and IMO a must, is take it (or any kind of seat) to your local Fire Department for proper installation, guidance, and advice. I went without my kids for safety's sake in case I had done something incorrectly. Each station has one or more trained professionals standing by to do this for free.
Their certification process is approximately 40 weeks which increased my confidence in addition to already valuing their expertise.

I installed two seats in a 2005 Suburban and thought I had done my best following the instructions. These are my kids, not boxes in the back seat so in direct opposition to my alpha-male, type-A "I can do it myself" mentality, I drove down to the station for a second opinion. I had the seats attached correctly, but installed incorrectly. The seats were at the wrong angle and too loose. The station firefighter was more than happy to make the adjustments, provided the materials (pool noodles) to do so , offered advice and answered questions. He made a couple of impacting comments: he noted this was an "awesome" seat with exceptional padding in the area of the child's back and hips and (a clincher for me) that if the child is not secured in the seat correctly, in an accident, the child can be ejected out of the harness through the top of the seat and impact the windshield. There was a lot of inner reflection on that one. I proceeded to ask many questions and obtain further instruction. One additional note was that the seat should not shift more than one (1) inch side-to-side so "properly installed" means sitting on top of the seat to snug it down as tight as possible. Someone of significant weight and strength is best for the task.

Conclusions: great seat overall, looks good, installed easily, the initial install of the LATCH straps were somewhat tasking but adjust easily thereafter, well constructed, kept child's head from falling forward, kids love it, we love it, cup holder is nice for when they get older, sliding shoulder harness system is well thought out and easy to use, adjusting the crotch strap was very easy (easier if instructions weren't used), lightweight, additional head pad with "Eddie Bauer" on it didn't measure up with the rest of the seat's quality, poorly written instruction booklet, level indicator poorly identified on seat. Happy hunting.

Age Range of Child: 0 to 12 Months

Find car seats and boosters at Target.com! Eddie bauer alpha elite 3-in-1 convertible car seat - camellia

Find car seats and boosters at Target.com! This eddie bauer 3-1 convertible car seat grows with your child. Use it as a rear-facing seat when your bab...
Find car seats and boosters at Target.com! The eddie bauer 3-in-1 convertible car seat includes three modes of use, offering enhanced longevity and ye...