Graco DuoGlider Sterling Standard Double Seat Stroller Reviews

Graco DuoGlider Sterling Standard Double Seat Stroller

Takes abuse, but breaks under pressure

Nov 2, 2005 (Updated Nov 13, 2005)
  • User Rating: Very Good

Pros:Storage compartment, body style, reclining seat, cup holders, width, appearance

Cons:wheels, other plastic parts break off with heavy use, doesn't turn easily

The Bottom Line: The Graco Duoglider is a good stroller overall but the lack of maneuverability and the possibility of plastic parts and tires breaking is a hindrance.

This is my second Graco DuoGlider and it left me at Disneyland with 3 wheels. Our first one was thrown away because the wheels broke off as well.

In the Graco's defense and to be fair we put our strollers through a lot of use as we live in Southern California and have passes to several amusement parks. We carry a lot of weight on the stroller between children and water bottles, diaper bags, etc, but still under the maximum weight (90# I believe). We also have to maneuver a lot in these situations. The Graco cannot turn on a dime. It must be manipulated into the position to head the desired direction unless you are driving straight with a long time to make a turn. I found the easiest way was to pop it back onto the rear tires and turn it, probably adding to the stress that eventually made the tire pop off (although it was not being turned when it did break). The tire lost a bolt and the wheel came off the axle, so it was fixable (although this prompted me to research strollers and I decided on a Mountain Buggy Urban Double, which I'm hoping will better serve our lifestyle). My first Graco actually had the plastic holding the tires on break off, so it was not repairable.

I don't think any double strollers are highly compatible with stores, but at least the Graco is narrow (14" wide) compared to the side by side strollers. Bit it won't turn easily between racks with weight in it.

The front canopy has been broken since right after we got it from transferring it out of the car. The plastic piece that holds it to the side of the stroller broke. It is still on the stroller & can provide shade, but is a little lopsided due to not being properly affixed and the piece is not repairable.

The storage basket is great, lots of room, although the back is not as accessible when the rear seat is reclined. The seat is easily adjusted up without fully locking it back into position, which works if the child laying down is a heavy sleeper. The stroller is easy for a toddler to get in and out of because of the front foot step, which is an advantage to parents not wishing to have to lift their older child in and out. The snack trays are nice, as is the drink holder and storage compartment for parents at top by the handle. It is nice that children can sit up straight in this style stroller, rather than angled back like a side by side jogger.

All in all this is a good stroller. After using a park rental for the rest of my day at Disneyland I discovered that maneuverability and ease of motion was more important to me than all of the above mentioned likes of the Graco, but they cost more money, too. The Graco made many amusement parks trips without discontent until that fateful day. I will review the Mountain Buggy after I get to use it so we will see if the money was worth it.

Age Range of Child: Whole Family

This high performance DuoGlider LXI is the perfect solution for getting two little ones around town. And if you're the proud parent of two infants you...