Red Auerbach Basketball School

Red Auerbach Basketball School

Oct 28, 2000

Pros:A great camp to improve your skills at

Cons:u tell me

Red Auerbach Basketball School The name should say it all. One of the best teachers of the game teaches young kids. I am writing about this camp because I was one of the lucky instructors at this camp. Let me tell you this, it has all the top coaches around the country. First off let me give you the inside on what this camp actually is. It's a camp for Jr. High and High School kids trying to improve their individual game. This is the only time you should be thinking about yourself and not your team.

Camp Basics

Shooting
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of the main things here at camp was shooting. A group of about 10 kids went with one instructor and he worked with each of them. He taped them and studied over their shot and the next day would have something for them to improve on. At most camps you don't get much one on one attention, but here that's what it's all about

Ball Handling
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ball handling is key in basketball games. If you can't dribble the ball up the floor your team won't have a chance to score. If you are a point guard this is the main thing that you will work on. To be a good point guard first off you need to be able to handle the ball. Next, you have to remain calm at all times. I was an instructor here at this group and I saw some great talent. I'm glad that I could help them.

Defense
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here at Red Auerbach Basketball School defense is very important. Most coaches you see will want to have a great defense and a decent offense. If you can't play defense you can't win or play offense. Defense is the most important part to the game of basketball. It's ok to have an off night shooting, but you never want to have an off night on the defensive end.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The camp is great. It teaches three main things: Defense, shooting, and ball-handling All things a good basketball player should have. If you have all three, you can go somewhere.

As for the lodging. The campus is real nice. The dorms have air-conditioner and everything. The food is great and it's a real clean place. I admit, it does cost some money, but I can promise you that your kid is getting his money worth.

This CELTICS RED AUERBACH AUTHENTIC SIGNED 3X5 INDEX CARD AUTOGRAPHED PSA/DNA SLABBED has been certified authentic. It comes slabbed and authenticated...
DAN AUERBACH & PATRICK CARNEY SIGNED ALBUM COVER W/ VINYL PSA/DNA #X31299

DAN AUERBACH & PATRICK CARNEY SIGNED ALBUM COVER W/ VINYL PSA/DNA #X31299

This DAN AUERBACH & PATRICK CARNEY SIGNED ALBUM COVER W/ VINYL PSA/DNA #X31299 has been certified authentic. It will include the PSA/DNA numbered holo...
CELTICS AUERBACH, RUSSELL, HAVLICEK, COUSY & HEINSOHN SIGNED FRAMED LITHO COA

CELTICS AUERBACH, RUSSELL, HAVLICEK, COUSY & HEINSOHN SIGNED FRAMED LITHO COA

This CELTICS LEGENDS- RED AUERBACH, BILL RUSSELL, JOHN HAVLICEK, BOB COUSY & TOM HEINSOHN SIGNED FRAMED LITHO COA has been certified authentic. The fr...
Auerbach, Christmas Kids Light T-Shirt
Cafepress.com

CafePress Auerbach, Vintage Organic Men's T-Shirt (dark)

CafePress Auerbach, Vintage Organic Men's T-Shirt (dark)

Organic Men's T-Shirt100% organic cotton jerseyRing-spun 5.5 oz. organic cottonClassic Fit with side-seam constructionMachine Wash Cold
CafePress.com