Flintstones

75 consumer reviews
Average Product Rating: Excellent

Meet the Flintstones

Nov 8, 2001 (Updated Nov 8, 2001)

Pros:A fun show for kids of all ages.

Cons:They don't have enough Flintstone marathons on TV

The Bottom Line: Classic cartoon

Flintstones, meet the Flintstones
They're the modern stone-age family
From the town of Bedrock
They're a page right out of history
Let's ride with the family down the street
Through the courtesy of Fred's two feet
When you're with the Flintstones
Have a yabba-dabba-doo time
A dabba-doo time
You'll have a gay old time

Ok, now that we all know the theme on with the review.

In my opinion, I think the Flintstones has to be one of the funniest cartoons ever made. The cartoon which was thought to be a take off of the "Honeymooners" was actually not. There's conflicting stories on that issue depending on which one of the creators was asked.

I can remember watching this show when I was a kid. By the time I was old enough to remember watching the show, it was already out of production and into reruns. The show came on in the evening just before my father would come home from work. I still remember being able to tell when "Daddy was coming home" because he'd usually pull in the driveway during the closing song. To a child, TV can be the best clock.

My favorite songs from the Flintstones are "Way out" by the Way Outs, and The Twitch by that dude who was allergic to pickled dodo eggs.I think his name was "Rock Roll". I downloaded both songs from Napster when it was still up, just to annoy my kids.

When I get to see the reruns now, I still find myself laughing at how they use animals as household appliances and after using them the animal has some wise crack about it's job.

I use Flintstone humor in everyday life with my kids. Like the other day when I was feeling a bit under the weather, I told my daughter I thought I had "Dinopeptitis" and that I had to stay awake or I was a goner. She asked what the heck it was, and when I told her it was a sickness caused by the "Dinopeptic germ" which is harmless to dinosaurs yet in humans it's bad so I have to stay awake for 24 hours., she said, "Mom,, you watch too many Flintstone cartoons". (Thats a teenager for ya)

Flintstone History

The Flintstones aired for the first time on September 30, 1960 and ran for six seasons. There are a total of 166 episodes. The very last original episode aired on April 1, 1966 The cartoon has been in syndication for years and is now being played on the cartoon Network and a few other channels for that matter.

The Cast and Characters

Fred Flintstone (Alan Reed) Fred is the loud mouth guy who's pretty much the star of the show. He has a nack for getting into trouble and for ending up with his foot places firmly in his mouth.

Wilma Flintstone ( Jean Vander Pyl) Wilma is Freds loving wife. She is really the head of the household, Fred just doesn't know it. Most of the time she bails Fred out of his hair brained schemes.

Barney Rubble (Mel Blanc) Barney is Freds best friend and side kick. He's also one of the most patient people. He puts up with Freds abuse and stays his friend through it all. What a pal!

Betty Rubble (Bea Benaderet) Betty is Barneys wife. She tends to stick with Wilma and they two do some schemeing of thir own. Later on in the series Bettys voice is done by Gerry Johnson after Bea Benederet died from Lung cancer.

Pebbles Flintstone (Jean Vander Pyl) Fred and Wilma's red haired daughter. She does all kinds of cute things and becomes the center of attention.

Bamm Bamm Rubble(Don Messick) This is Barney and Bettys adopted son. After Fred and Wilma had Pebbles, the Rubbles wished on a falling star to have a baby of their own. That night someone had left a baby in a basket on their door step. Bamm Bamm has super human strength and can lift cars, buses and other large objects.

Dino(Mel Blanc) Dino is the Flintones pet Dino. He acts more like a dog than a dinosaur. In later episodes he gets a friend when the Rubbles get their pet Kangaroo "Hoppy".

This cartoon, even though it's been around for a long time still has good entertainment value. It's good clean fun and nobody ever really gets hurt. Except when they drop a bowling ball on their heads and get a huge pointed lump on their heads which looks totally hilarious.

If you haven't watched the Flintstones in a while, take an evening and watch it. If your like me, you'll find yourself laughing.

"One day maybe Fred will win the fight,,
and that cat will stay out for the night..

That's funny,, Fred and Wilma didn't even have a cat!

Type of Program: Cartoon or Animated
Program Quality: Thought-provoking, original material
Best Suited For: Whole Family

The Flintstones: Big Trouble In Bedrock  (nintendo Game Boy Advance, 2001)

The Flintstones: Big Trouble In Bedrock (nintendo Game Boy Advance, 2001)

The antics of The Flintstones have been well documented over the years, in both the video game and cartoon realms. Representing their Game Boy Advance...

The Flintstones: Big Trouble In Bedrock  (nintendo Game Boy Advance, 2001) Gba

The Flintstones: Big Trouble In Bedrock (nintendo Game Boy Advance, 2001) Gba

Flintstones Toddler Chewable - 80 Count

Flintstones Toddler Chewable - 80 Count

Find vitamins and supplements at Target.com! Flintstones toddler chewable - 80 count

Vitacost.com

Flintstones Complete Gummies - 180 ct

Flintstones Complete Gummies - 180 ct

Flintstones Complete Gummies - 180 ct Features: Complete children's gummy multivitamin Support the immune system with Vitamin C, Vitamin E, an...
Diapers.com

Bayer Healthcare - Flintstones Children's Complete Multivitamin Gummies - 60 Gummies

Bayer Healthcare Flintstones Children's Complete Multivitamin Gummies - 60 Gummies Bayer's Flintstones Childrens Complete Multivitamin Gummies contain...
LuckyVitamin.com

Flintstones Brain Support Omega-3 DHA Gummies 80 ea

Flintstones Brain Support Omega-3 DHA Gummies 80 ea

Dietary Supplement New! Healthy Brain Support*br Omega 3 DHA Supports Healthy Brain Function*
drugstore.com

+++ The Flintstones Big Trouble Bedrock Game Boy Advance Sp Game +++

+++ The Flintstones Big Trouble Bedrock Game Boy Advance Sp Game +++

Flintstones Complete Gummies - 70 Count

Flintstones Complete Gummies - 70 Count

Find vitamins and supplements at Target.com! Your little ones will love taking their daily vitamins with these flintstones gummies. Vitamins are shape...