I Love Lucy

"Waa, Ricky I want to be in the show"

Jun 27, 2000 (Updated Jun 27, 2000)

Pros:Lots of wacky humor and crazy antics from Lucy

Cons:Nothing

I remember the first time ever watching this show, it was way back when Nick at Nite started out.From the title and logo of the show I thought for sure it would be a sappy love show from the early 50's or something.But it was nothing like that at all.

The show stars Lucille Ball, who portrays the role of Lucy Ricardo.Lucy is married the the Cuban band leader Ricky Ricardo, whose real name is Desi Arnaz.

Ricky can be quite funny at times because of his problems with speaking English.He'll get all mad at Lucy for one of her crazy ideas she pulled and Ricky will start yelling at her in English and then suddenly start speaking Spanish all of a sudden.

The I love Lucy show centers mostly around Lucy Ricardo, one of the only shows on television in that time period that centered around the female character of the show.

Lucy was always getting some pretty weird ideas to get into Ricky's show.Her and Ethel, her best friend and neighbor, always worked together to find a way into his show.Whether it be to lie about her last name and try to sneak into the act by using the name "Lucy Magilocuti" or dressing up in some wacky outfit, Lucy always left the house roaring with laughter.The problem with Lucy and Ethel getting in trouble was that Ricky and Fred, Ethel's husband, worked up some pretty dirty tricks to get back at their wives for messing up the show or whatever else they do.After getting them back for what they did, the whole gang would hug (most of the times) at the end of the episode, which brought a good ending to the show to see them back together and ready for the next episode.

The show has some guests stars on as well.Lucy always has a desire to meet big producers and stars in the hopes of becoming a celebrity.One time she spent the whole show writing a book about Ricky,Ethel, and Fred, which she then submitted to a producer.

My favorite episode of all time has to be the "Vita veta vegamin" episode.Lucy is working on a show producing a television commercial.During rehersals she has to keep tasting the "Vita veta vegamin" liquid and it has a large amount of alcohol in it.But during the rehersals she keeps messing up because the taste of the medicine is so bad that she makes some pretty weird faces.So she keeps taking more and more of this medicine until she finally gets it right (when Ricky walks in and watches her).

During Ricky's show Lucy is now all drunk from the alcohol in the medicine and stumbles onto Ricky's set when he's doing his show.Lucy gets up close to the camera and starts yelling "Hi Ethel, Hi Fred" and is really bugging Ricky.

The way she acts on the set is what gets to me in this episode.She's stumbling around acting all drunk.It's really something to watch and enjoy with the whole family.The episode doesn't send any pro alcohol messages I think.

Overall I really loved watching this show.Lucy went on to make some other "I love Lucy" related shows including the "I love Lucy comedy hour" which used to air on Nick at Nite but I don't think it does anymore.I have seen literally all the episodes of "I love Lucy" from watching the chain of episodes when Lucy was pregnant with Little Ricky to the birth of Ricky and Lucy's child on television.

Watch Lucy and the gang on Nick at Nick on the "Nickelodeon" channel with your whole family.This is a really good show for kids and will be for generations to come.

I Love Lucy Night Shirt Face Style

I Love Lucy Night Shirt Face Style

I Love Lucy Night Shirt Face Style. Manufactured by All U. Category: Night Shirts. Makes a great gift for anyone who is a fan of I Love Lucy.
I Love Lucy Pink Heart Ceramic Night Light

I Love Lucy Pink Heart Ceramic Night Light

I Love Lucy Friends Forever Ceramic Vase Night Light I Love Lucy Pink Heart Ceramic Night Light Here is an adorable I Love Lucy Collectible Night Ligh...

I Love Lucy California Here We Come T-Shirt

I Love Lucy California Here We Come T-Shirt. Lucy and Ricky are headed way out west! Join in the fun with this 100% cotton, high-quality, pre-shrunk s...
EntertainmentEarth.com

I Love Lucy T-Shirt

I Love Lucy T-Shirt

Title: Sweatshirt: I Love Lucy - I'd Rather?.; Product Type: T-Shirt
AllPosters.com

I Love Lucy Sweatshirt

I Love Lucy Sweatshirt

10.1 oz. patented PrintProŽ fabric in a 90/10 cotton/polyester blend by HanesStandard fit Crewneck Collar Stretch ribbed cuffs and waistband Machine ...
Cafepress.com

CafePress I Love Lucy Light T-Shirt

CafePress I Love Lucy Light T-Shirt

Shop Today! Get Extra 20% OFF! Use code CSE20! Get Extra 20% OFF. Use Code: CSE20. Classic T-Shirt100% preshrunk cotton, Ash Grey is a 90/10 Cotton/Po...
CafePress.com

I Love Lucy T-Shirt California Here We Come

I Love Lucy T-Shirt California Here We Come

I Love Lucy T-Shirt California Here We Come. Manufactured by All U. Category: T-Shirts. Makes a great gift for anyone who is a fan of I Love Lucy.
I Love Lucy Ricky Straw Hat and Bow Tie

I Love Lucy Ricky Straw Hat and Bow Tie

What kind of mess did Lucy get herself into now? Is she wearing a white beard so that Ricky will shave his mustache or is she trying to play the saxo...
HalloweenCostumes.com

Pack of 12 I Love Lucy Best Friends Lucy and Ethel Pink TV Christmas Ornaments 2.5

EntertainmentEarth.com