KitchenAid KUDS301XBL

Jun 26, 2011

Pros:Quiet when running.

Cons:Turns itself on when you lean on it, doesn't clean well, too many repairs.

The Bottom Line: Avoid at all costs, especially since it has a control panel problem.

Still under warranty until November and I have had four services calls and am waiting for another one.  Can't use in the meantime.  Since we purchased they have replaced the chopper and top dishwasher basket.  Our latest service call was because the machine shuts itself off after 15 minutes.  They told me it was because a part was not attached that would stop the washer from backing up water and so it would automatically shut off, but I read on another site today that this dishwasher has a faulty control panel and that it needs to be replaced.  I have spoken with Kitchenaid numerous times as well as Sears and nobody will give me any satisfaction.  Sears told me that it would be considered a lemon if it had at least 4 services calls in the warranty period but Kitchenaid tells me that as long as it is fixable they won't replace it.  Meantime, I have been handwashing my dishes for most of the last month waiting for parts and servicemen who never show up.  I would never buy another Kitchenaid appliance again.   We went on their website to find out who to write to since their customer service people are no help and the number of complaints against them was astounding.