Kodak EASYSHARE C1550 16.0 MP Digital Camera - Silver Reviews

Kodak EASYSHARE C1550 16.0 MP Digital Camera - Silver

2 consumer reviews

Kodak Easyshare Camera C1550 takes great shots.

Dec 19, 2011 (Updated Dec 19, 2011)

Pros:Lightweight.  Easy to use.  Takes great photographs.

Cons:We could have got it cheaper if we had waited.

The Bottom Line: If you are still using cameras, and not smartphones, then the Kodak easyshare camera C1550, is a perfect gift.  It will take great photographs.

The battery clip on my HP camera is broken, and then the same thing happened to my husband's Kodak easyshare digital camera.  I have my smartphone with a great camera so decided that the new camera would be for Len.  After checking out several he went with the Kodak easyshare C1550.  The price at Office Depot was $99 plus tax.  However, checking on amazon.com a few minutes ago you can pick them up for $77.44 and free shipping.

With every new camera we buy they get even better.  This one is 16 mega pixels compared to his old one, the C182,  that was 12.

In the box was the camera, wrist strap, quick start guide, 2 Kodak AA batteries, and a USB cable.  This comes in blue, purple, and silver.  Len's one is the darkest of blue.

I like the shape of it, as it is much flatter than the older ones.

When you first get the camera, the batteries need to go in, and a memory card inserted.  This camera does have a small internal memory, but we keep several cards, as we take lots of photographs.

The on/off switch is at the top, then the mode button, flash button, and at the right top, the shutter button, or the one you press to take a photo.  This button also has the 5 times zoom.

On the front is the lens, self-timer/video light, and flash.

On the back are the LCD, menu button, delete button, OK up/down/back/forward button, info button, share button, and review button.

On the side is the area for the strap to go into, and the USB port.

On the bottom is the battery compartment, which also holds the SD card.  There is also a tripod socket.

When you look at the quick start guide, it basically tells you how to set up the camera, take a picture, a video,  and playback.  I used to like it when it had a manual, and you could find what you wanted in one place.  Now you have to go to the 'on-camera help'.

Len has been using this camera for a month now.  He has taken photographs, and video.  When we were recently down on Treasure Island beach, he went into menu, and got the perfect setting for the sunset.  It has at least a dozen different choices, so regardless of whether you are taking stills, or activities, you can capture them all.

I have taken photographs, and video of Len with this camera, and it is lightweight, but sturdy enough, to withhold normal use.  It has a big 3 inch screen to look through.  The size is 5.8 x 2.3 x 5.8 inches, and weighs 10.7 ounces

From their website:

"Just press to impress.
 Only KODAK Digital Cameras allow you to simultaneously share to multiple social networks and e-mail.
Just press Share when in review mode
Choose your favorite sharing destinations: FACEBOOK, FLICKR, e-mail, KODAK Gallery, YouTube, TWITTER, ORKUT, YANDEX, KAIXIN001, and KODAK PULSE Digital Frames.
Connect your camera to your computer or insert your memory card and your videos or pictures are automatically uploaded to your sharing destinations"

You have to upload the Kodak Share Button App software, and then you can do all of the above.  Len hasn't done this yet, because I take photos with my phone, and share with social networks.

I could copy and paste the Product Specifications from the website for all the technical people, but I feel that would only be padding the review.  What I want to know is that a camera is easy to use, and this is so simple.  That the LCD is big, and this one is great.  My photographs come out crisp, the right color, and look picture perfect.  The Kodak easyshare C1550 does all of these.

We have printed photographs with my HP Photosmart A310 printer, and they come out as good, as if I had taken them to the shop.  I couldn't ask more of a camera.

This camera comes with a 1 year limited warranty.

If you do want to know more, please leave a comment, and I will be happy to add the information.  Now is a perfect time to buy a Kodak easyshare camera for the holiday season.

Kodak Easyshare C1505 12 Mp Digital Camera W/5x Digital Zoom-red Quality Photo

Kodak Easyshare C1505 12 Mp Digital Camera W/5x Digital Zoom-red Quality Photo

Kodak Easyshare C1505 12 MP Digital Camera w/5x Digital Zoom-Red Quality Photo CHECK OUT OUR BEST SELLERS FOR THIS CHRISTMAS Square Enix Batman Arkham...

Kodak C123 12MP Digital Camera Blue

Kodak C123 12MP Digital Camera Blue

Splash Whether its a dunk in the pool, a downpour on the hiking trail, or a spilled drink at the restaurant, life can catch you off your game. Be read...
Toys R Us

Kodak 16MP 36X Long Zoom Digital Camera - Black (AZ362)

Kodak 16MP 36X Long Zoom Digital Camera - Black (AZ362)

Find digital cameras at Target.com! Kodak 16mp 36x long zoom digital camera - black (az362)