Kodak ESP C310 All-In-One Inkjet Printer Reviews

Kodak ESP C310 All-In-One Inkjet Printer

For the money, you simply can't beat it!

May 28, 2012

Pros:Simple to use, cheap, prints quality images/documents fast!

Cons:None that I can think of for what it is.

The Bottom Line: Bottom line is if you're looking for a cheap solution for simple printing, you should give this baby a try!

I've been in the design field for almost 2 decades.  A long time.  I've utilized all types of printers through the years: inkjet, laser, thermal, you name it.  I've spent thousands on printers for home and business.  I used to really feel for the average consumer, because way back when to find a really good printer (especially color printer) you had to spend thousands.  Before the Kodak ESP C310, I was using the Canon Pixma IP8500.  Beautiful printer, however to refill the cartridges was $70 for all the colors.  Not as expensive as the Phaser 8500 Wax Printer I use at work, at $70 a box (with three included) for 1 color.  The Phaser being a 4 color printer, so to refill all four colors is $280, and you go through the colors like the wind.

The reason I am writing a review on the C310, is because I am VERY impressed by the color output.  For a little color printer/scanner, this little sucker can really print out some amazing photos.  Utilizing Canon Photo Paper, this printer prints out images so clear and crisp, I honestly believe it's better than my Canon.  And for nothing to refill the cartridges (Around $50 for both black and color).

What really amazes me about this little printer, is it's not even $70.  That's what absolutely amazes me.  This thing scans and prints amazing quality imagery for basically nothing.  An amazing feat compared to where we've come with printer technology.  Is this something I would use at work, no.  But for the average home user, this thing is amazing!

I have to admit I haven't really used it for just black/white printing.  We have an HP Laserjet that we use for our basic printing for word documents, etc.  So I don't know how long the cartridges last printing just black/white.  BUT, with that said, the cartridge to refill just the black ink is like $20.  Not bad.

My suggestion is also to purchase the XL version of the printer cartridge.  From what Kodak told me, supposedly the XL has more ink in it.  I recently purchased the XL type ink, and after printing out over 20 8.5x11 pictures full color, AND about 50 pages of black/white documents, the ink has barely moved.  So I have to admit, using the XL version of the ink I think is the best way to go.

The machine is reatively fast.  I've really had no issues with lagging with any of the prints.  The only thing I notice is it's a little ... hmmm, how do I say this without giving you the wrong impression.  I was going to say it's not really quiet, but that's just with the initial clunking around of the unit grabbing the paper.  But honestly all my printers make that sound, so this is par for the course.

For a $70 printer I think it's really well built.  We consistently keep it on and print to it as needed.  Seems to take the punishment of two young children consistently putting their toys on it.

It's got a nice little LCD screen with a pretty simple to understand user interface.  Standard design of tools.

It comes with software which I typically don't load on my computer, because it these CD's typically add a lot more junk on your computer than you need.  But I said screw it and loaded it all.  I have to admit, it didn't load anything on that I didn't need.  I was extremely pleased about that.  AND, the tools that come with it, are actually quite effective with interacting with the printer.

Honestly, it's just the coolest little printer!  I can't rave about this little baby enough.  I think what's the best feature of all, ... it's cheap!!!  It gives great quality prints, and is cheap.  I don't worry at ALL if it breaks, because for $70 (probably cheaper on Ebay), I can just throw it away (have it recycled) and get a new one!!!  That's just too cool!!!

Again, this is just for the average user.  If you want a better, longer lasting color print for pictures, I would suggest getting them done professionally via Kinko's or a better color printer.  But, honestly, so far so good.  I've given pictures in frames as gifts.  That's how good the quality of the print is, as long as your imagery is optimized and is print quality.

Excellent little machine, I definitely recommend it.  Remember, get the XL version of the ink.  It's a few dollars more, that's all, and worth it!

Brand Kodak Esp 3 All-in-one Inkjet Printer

Brand Kodak Esp 3 All-in-one Inkjet Printer

Have your very own in-house photo lab, the Kodak ESP 3. This Kodak inkjet printer is a printer, scanner, and copier in one. Printing up to 30ppm in bl...

Brand Kodak Esp 5 All-in-one Inkjet Printer Esp5

Brand Kodak Esp 5 All-in-one Inkjet Printer Esp5

The Kodak ESP 5 InkJet Photo Printer is fully compatible with PC, Mac systems. This printer connectivity interface: USB 2.0, Bluetooth.

Brand Kodak Esp 9250 All-in-one Inkjet Printer

Brand Kodak Esp 9250 All-in-one Inkjet Printer

Scan, fax and print with the Kodak ESP 9250. With a speed of 32 to 30 pages per minute in black and color, this Kodak all-in-one printer saves you pre...

Brand Kodak Esp 5210 All-in-one Inkjet Printer

Brand Kodak Esp 5210 All-in-one Inkjet Printer

The Kodak ESP 5210 is a Wi-Fi inkjet printer that uses pigment-based ink cartridges to print professional-quality documents. You can wirelessly connec...

ESP 7250 All-in-One Printer

ESP 7250 All-in-One Printer

Start Saving on Ink: Kodak offers the Industry's LOWEST INK REPLACEMENT COST Save on average $110 a year on ink, based on as few as 4 pages a day! Kod...