Koss Qz5 Headphones - Black Reviews

Koss Qz5 Headphones - Black

3 consumer reviews
Average Product Rating: Excellent

Low-tech hissless noise cancelling is great.

Jun 22, 2003

Pros:Great Noise Reduction, Great Sound Quality, very comfortable

Cons:Heavy

The Bottom Line: If you handle the weight, there are no noise cancelling sets that even compares in this price range.

We purchased these for my father who uses them primarily when he mows the lawn. I have an active noise cancelling set which I don't like for several reasons. The first is that the noise cancelling tends to introduce a small hiss or humming in the set when it is enabled. The second is that on windy days, the wind hits the active mic and produces wind noise in the set itself. In addition to this, the noise cancelling sets only average about 10db of reduction, and this set is closer to 20db. This makes a huge difference in sound quality, and as a bonus you don't have to ruin your ears by cranking up the volume.

On the comfort note, I dislike most "mickey mouse ears" style sets because they bother the top of my head after wearing them for a while. I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but the steel spring is actually behind the head in this set. In order to keep them from sliding off your head, there is a nylon/velcro strap overhead. I found this the most comfortable set of large headphones I have ever used. On the downside, the overhead strap is necessary, as these phones weigh in at about a full pound.

New advances in materials and design have served to expand the performance of stereophones. Koss' Product Development team and engineers look for the ...
h.h. gregg