-32%

Koss R80 Headband Headphones - Black

Clear, but uneven sound

Sep 30, 2003
Rated Show

Pros:Clear sound, loud, good highs, comfortable

Cons:Uneven bass & treble, volume balance

I bought these online, and tried them as a result of opinions on epinions.com. At first the headphones were uncomfortable, but started to fit right after a few hours. The construction on these headphones seem good, but the coiled cord is a bit annoying and in the way especially for shorter distances. Now the most important factor: the sound. They are nice and loud, so there is no problem with volume, and I could hear elements in the music I've never heard especially high pitched ones, BUT the side attached to the cord seemed louder than the other side. It also seemed that the Right (corded) side had all the bass and the other side had none. This became quite annoying listening to music. I tried these headphones with music on my computer, a portable CD player and a Sony shelf system, and the headphones showed the same behavior. I even rotated the phones to switch ears, and the "loud" side went from one ear to the other. This is very disappointing considering the good reviews.

Koss 154336, 154336 R/80 Full-size Home Stereophones, Upc: 0021299131978
Feature: Style: R-80 Noise-Cancelling-Feature Style: R-80 Product Information: Koss R-80 studio-quality headphones feature a dynamic element construct...