Koss UR18 Headband Headphones - Silver/Black Reviews

Koss UR18 Headband Headphones - Silver/Black

+$4.18 shipping Walmart.com
+$4.18 shipping Walmart.com

Koss Spells Quality-Koss UR18 Headphones

Apr 10, 2012 (Updated Apr 10, 2012)

Pros:Lightweight, collapsible design, Comfortable, Affordable

Cons:Slightly cumbersome, Not ideal for on-the-go listening

The Bottom Line: Comfortable, high quality headphone, primarily recommended for home listening

I have been a fan of Koss headphones for many years and, in my opinion, they offer the best quality headphone for the price, of any other seller on the market. In fact, the first set of headphones I ever owed were Koss brand. Several years ago, I received a set of Koss UR18 Headphones for Christmas. Despite the fact that this set is a bit cumbersome due to the large size, they are still my favorite pair for home listening. Due to their collapsible features, they are also easy to store or pack in luggage for travel. This set is affordable on practically any budget at under $20.00 at most retail outlets

The Company:

The Koss Company was founded by John C. Koss as the J.C. Koss Hospital Television Rental Company in 1953. Eventually Koss partnered with Martin Lange to develop a stereo headphone. Based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in 1991 the company began producing and selling consumer electronics products. Currently, Koss sells a full line of headphones including full-size, ear-buds, ear clips, and communication headsets, as well as, accessories such as adapters, cases, and ear cushions, along with a limited number of classical music selections.

The Product:

The Koss UR18 Headphones are lightweight and very comfortable, featuring a plastic frame with an adjustable headband that fits all sizes. The set is collapsible for easy storage, and features thickly padded foam faux leather ear cushions. I have had my set now for about three or four years and they show very little wear and tear other than a slight cracking in the cushion, which does not affect the quality of the sound or overall comfort.

This set offers outstanding high fidelity digital sound quality, in both high and low frequencies, with enhanced bass features. The ear pads form a light seal around the ears, that filters out most peripheral noise. Due to the ultra lightweight construction and adjustability, I can wear these headphones for extended periods of time with no discomfort.

Features:

25-15,000 Hz frequency response

Closed, leatherette ear cushions

Adjustable headband Includes straight 8 foot cord

Koss Limited Lifetime Warranty

Overall Recommendation:

The Koss UR18 Headphones are by far the most comfortable and economical headphones I have ever owned. The sound quality is excellent, bringing out the full range of high fidelity symphonic sound on classical recordings and the sharp, crisp, bass sound on rock, blues, soul, R & B and pop music. This set is also easy to store and pack due to the collapsible design. On the downside, despite the collapsible design, these headphone are large and a bit cumbersome, which makes them a less than ideal choice for on-the-go listening.

While I have become a recent fan of earbuds for on-the-go listening, the Koss UR Headphones are hard to beat for the price, comfort, and sound quality. I highly recommend these headphones for both casual listeners and serious music aficionados.

Koss UR 18 Mfg. Part: UR18 SKU: S1386648 Headphones - full size Features | Dynamic element for extended frequency response Closed leatherette ear cush...
UR18 Collapsible Stereo Headphone P/N: 164103 Manufacturer: Koss The UR18 delivers digital quality sound in an ultra-lightweight design for listeners ...