La Crosse Technology WS-9066U-IT Wireless Weather Station with Moon Phase (WS9066UITCBP) Reviews

La Crosse Technology Wireless Weather Station #9066 Review

Jun 28, 2013 (Updated Jul 4, 2013)

Pros:inexpensive, works well, easy to read, hang or stand

Cons:could be more attractive

The Bottom Line: The La Crosse Technology Wireless Weather Station #9066 works great, and is easy to set up and read.

We just got the La Crosse Technology Wireless Weather Station #9066 to replace a previous unit that was not working. The one we had was also by La Crosse Technology and we were not sure if the receiver or the transmitter was broken so we decided to replace it with a model that gave us some different information than the one we had.

What is the  La Crosse Technology Wireless Weather Station #9066

Look: The La Crosse Technology Wireless Weather Station #9066 is a simple looking unit that you can either hang on your wall with a nail (there is a hook on the back for hanging) Or you can set it up on the deck with a built in stand that comes out of the back.

The unit is probably not the most attractive one I have ever seen with a plastic frame that is somewhat metallic looking. It is small enough that it just takes on a utilitarian look where we have it hanging on the wall.

What's in the Box: In the package you get the wireless weather station for inside which is a receiver. The transmitter which hangs outside. A mounting bracket and screws for the transmitter plus basic instructions.

What it does: The La Crosse Technology Wireless Weather Station #9066 Reports the date, time, moon phase as well as the indoor and outdoor temperatures and humidity levels. There is also a button to press to give you minimum and maximum temperatures. There is also a low battery indicator.

Set up

You will need four AAA batteries total, two for each unit. First you put the batteries in the transmitter (outside unit) Then you put batteries in the receiver (inside unit) Wait for the outside temperature to be received and then you can proceed with the set up.

Our temp was received immediately so I knew that the transmitter was working.

Then I set up the time and date and whether I wanted F or C. The set up took all of 2 minutes.

Then you have to hang the transmitter outside somewhere within 330 feet of the receiver. We have ours in the shade on our deck. The bracket was easy to install with two screws included and the transmitter snaps in the bracket after the bracket is installed.

How well the La Crosse Technology Wireless Weather Station #9066 performs

I was very pleased that the units connected so quickly. The problem we had with the previous unit was that the transmitter stopped connecting to the base unit. It was three years old though so that was not surprising for a unit that sits outside all year.

One nice surprise was that the new transmitter also worked with our old weather station. They were both the same brand and transmit at 915 MHz so I was hoping that would be the case. Our old unit was somewhat attractive and had some different features so we will keep both running.

I really love that this shows indoor and outdoor humidity levels. I especially like to know the indoor humidity in the winter so that I can make sure that I keep the humidity level up high enough for our health and the health of the wood floors etc.

I really love the fact that the display numbers are large and easy to read. There is nothing complicated or difficult to understand or see on this unit.

Batteries will last up to 2 years which was the same with our other La Crosse weather station so I expect that to be also true with the new one.

Warranty

The unit comes with a one year warranty. There is an address and phone number listed in the instruction booklet.

Final Thoughts and Rating

I will give the La Crosse Technology Wireless Weather Station #9066 four stars. One star is missing because they could have made this a little more attractive by giving it a black or wood grain frame. But overall the unit is fully functional and worth the $25 that we paid for it.

Thanks for reading my review

:-)

Becky

La Crosse Technology WS-9066U-IT Wireless Weather Station with Moon Phase Indoor and Wireless Outdoor temperature (F/C) MIN/MAX temperature value re...

Instant weather right at your fingertips. Wireless weather station displays your temperature, humidity & moon phase. Included wireless sensor transmit...
La Crosse Technology WS-9066U-IT Wireless Weather Station With Moon Phase-NEW Description BRAND NEW IN FACTORY PACKAGE-FAST FREE SHIPPING! (NO SLOW ST...
Usually ships within 3 business day
This La Crosse Technology Digital Wireless Weather Station with Moon Phase makes a great gift for the weather enthusiast in your life. It displays ind...
WS-9066U-IT La Crosse Technology Wireless Weather Station with Moon Phase IN/OUT Temperature IN/OUT Humidity Moon Phase 12/24 Hour Time Display Calend...
LA CROSSE TECHNOLOGY WS-9066U-IT-CBP Wireless Weather Station with Indoor/Outdoor Temperature, Humidity & Moon Phase
Shop for Outdoors at The Home Depot. Track what the weather is doing wirelessly. Receive outdoor temperature and humidity indoors. Included outdoor tr...
Home Depot
8 moon phases in/out temperature with min/max records in/out humidity 12-/24-hour time display calendar low-battery indicators desktop or wall hang up...