LEGO The Lord of the Rings Frodo of Bag End (30210) - 673419181631 Reviews

LEGO The Lord of the Rings Frodo of Bag End (30210) - 673419181631

LEGO Lord of the Rings: Frodo of Bag End — Welcome to Frodo Baggins’ Home

Nov 3, 2012

Pros:A nice small set; great accessories; love the keg

Cons:Harder to find; a bit expensive at $5.49

The Bottom Line: Frodo of Bag End from the LEGO The Lord of the Rings collection is one that will fly under the radar if you don't look out for it.

I was looking for little treats to give to my son for his birthday and came across some nice smaller sized LEGO sets I thought he would enjoy. One such set happened to be from The Lord of the Rings collection that has piqued his curiosity. I was actually surprised myself since this happens to be one of those exclusive sets from Toys “R” Us that usually disappear quite quickly but I guess Frodo of Bag End had other ideas.

Frodo Baggins is a hobbit from the Shire but is destined for something other than the normalcy that comes from living in the Shire. He is the one who inherits Sauron’s Ring of Power from Bilbo Baggins and undertakes the quest to destroy the ring in the fires of Mount Doom. But before all of that occurs, the simple life of the Shire is what Frodo knows best. This small set shows what a day in the life of Frodo Baggins may look like.

I love the pint-sized Frodo figure. He is shorter than the normal LEGO minifigures due to the smaller legs attached to his body. These legs, however, do not bend at all so don’t expect him to do any sitting any time soon. He wears a green collared shirt complete with suspenders and brown pants. He sports an unruly mop for his hair with a double-sided head showing both a happy and a worried face. Dare I say it but this smaller stature really makes him look like a child.

So exactly what would you expect to find in Bag End, the home of Frodo Baggins? Since hobbits love to eat (seven meals a day and this doesn’t include snacks), it’s a given that a stove is always ever present inside the home. Frodo has one with an open flame at the bottom. On it is a pan that is frying up some sausage.

Another smaller table is constructed that houses a nice keg. Yes, hobbits love to eat and drink all the time. A dispenser is attached to the keg allowing Frodo to drain the keg of its contents into his goblet that he holds in his hand. Other accessories include a bottle and flowers to add to the hominess of his dwelling.

I’m actually quite impressed with this set. At first it didn’t seem to excite me as much as it did my son. In fact he has all gung-ho in putting this together by himself, with a little supervision on my end. The instructions are really easy to follow. I handed him the pieces he needed and he figured out how to match the picture with the objects in hand. When it was all assembled, even I had to admit that there is a certain charm to this whole set.

Each LEGO collection I have seen lately as a small, exclusive polybagged set that usually gets unnoticed until it’s too late. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes has Thor and the Cosmic Cube (30163), LEGO DC Super Heroes has Batman Jetski (30160), LEGO Monster Fighters has the Ghost Polybag (30210) and so on. Most of these exclusive sets cost $3.99 but sold as high as $5.99 if some cases. Usually these can be obtained for free at Toys “R” Us either as a free gift with purchase if you buy a certain amount of products for whatever promotion is going on or buying it separately on its own. The bottom line is trying to find it in the first place. Since a lot of Toys “R” Us Express stores are popping up for the Christmas season, it’s probably the better place to start looking for these items since they do tend to carry more of the older toys. A great tip when you do buy this at Toys “R” Us is to always ask for the online price rather than the one marked in the store. Why? The online price is cheaper. But don’t worry because Toys “R” Us will match these prices if you ask them.

LEGO The Lord of the Rings: Frodo of Bag End is really a nice set. My son really enjoyed putting together a small set like this. It was perfect enough for his attention span without him getting too frustrated. I’m just surprised I was able to obtain this in the first place. But it’s not hard to miss a hobbit in the first place

Number of pieces: 33
Set #: 30210

Type of Toy: Blocks
Age Range of Child: Kids to Teens

New lego 30210 ready to ship

Hi, up for sale : Two hard to find Lego The Lord of The Rings sets.1), # 30210 Frodo with cooking corner,33 pieces.2), # 30211 Uruk Hai w/Ballista,21 ...