LG VU CU920 - Black (Unlocked) Cellular Phone Reviews

• User Rating: Very Good

• Clarity:
  • Portability:
  • Battery Life:

Pros:Good battery life, UI is decent, Inexpensive, Nationwide service through AT&T, Texting was pretty efficient

Cons:Reception is not that great, Dropped calls, the LCD screen is not consistent to touch

The Bottom Line: 2010 is not the right year for this phone. In 2008, it was a good value and I would not recommend it in the US in 2010.

I have had this phone, LG VU CU 920,  for a total of two years and about to upgrade, perhaps to the iPhone 4 but I have not set up my mind yet. I just wanted to give a review before letting it go.
First Impression: Phone seemed great. I never used the TV future which was offered via AT&T as Flo TV. The UI was pretty good and scrolling seemed snappy. MicroSD card provided a convenient place to store music, pictures and videos. The music player on this phone was my bathroom music player.
With experience: However, as time went on, the phone seemed to be unresponsive at times. I would have to restart it by taking out the battery and putting it back in at least once a day. The good part about this was that at least the battery compartment saw some fresh air and it got clean. But that was the only good part. The address book is a bit unintuitive and for some reason, the lower part of the screen is less responsive than the others so I have a hard time calling people whose names end with y's and z's.
Battery life however has been excellent considering it is 2 years old. It still holds a day or a day and a half charge easily.
Reception from the get go has been a bit spotty for this phone and I think it's the phone itself and its network (AT&T). On the whole, I would blame the phone a bit more as the 3G signal it gathered was very little. This left me with dropped calls quite frequently in the first year. The second year was a bit better as the signal got better but I still get some dropped calls, perhaps around 5 a week.

Recommended for: World Travelers - Works Anywhere and Everywhere!

ebay template visit our store ab out us au ctions buy it now f aqs fee dback contac t us SEARCH STORE in titles description Categories AT T T-mobile S...