LG E2442V-BN 24 inch Monitor

LG 24 HDMI WIDESCREEN LCD MONITOR

Apr 22, 2012 (Updated Apr 22, 2012)

Pros:Great looking screen, built in speakers, HDMI connector

Cons:Speaker quality not the best

The Bottom Line: I would highly recommend this LG 24" HDMI Widescreen LCD monitor, it offers a great looking display and multiple uses.

I have been using an older used Acer 22” flat screen monitor for the last year and I was quite happy with it. That is until I started noticing dead pixels in a few parts of the screen. At first they were not really interfering at all, so I was able to ignore them. That is until recently, they started popping up in the middle of the screen and that was not going to work. So I began looking for a suitable replacement monitor.

I began my search online and I came across a great deal on brand name that I recognized as one of the top manufacturers of electronics, I have purchased several other LG products in the past and I am the type of person that is very brand loyal. So when I saw this monitor on sale on this website, I just had to get one.

What I found was a monster 24” flat panel monitor and I just had to share my experiences with it. By the time you get to the end of this review you should have enough information of this monitor to allow you to make an informed decision on whether or not to purchase it for yourself.

LG 24 HDMI WIDESCREEN LCD MONITOR,BLACK

I was hoping that my last monitor would last a bit longer than it did because I was actually pretty fond of the monitor. However, after finding this new monitor from LG, I soon forgot about that old monitor. It turns out that there is actually quite a bit to like about it as compared to the Acer.

I found it at a local electronics store and I just fell in love with it and just had to have one. They had it connected to a PC in the store and it was showing a video at the time I saw it. The first thing I noticed was its enormous size for a computer monitor. Even though I have been using what I thought was a big monitor for a couple years, the 24” widescreen was considerably larger.

I also noticed how much brighter the screen looked as compared to my old screen. I would imagine that there has been quite a bit of improvements over the past couple years when it comes to screen quality. The brightness was definitely noticeable for both light and dark images.

I decided to pick one up and could not wait to get it home and setup on my computer. One thing I like about the flat panel monitors is that they are so much easier to carry than the old style CRT type monitors. They come packaged securely in a flat box with a handle to make it where you carry it with a single handle.

After getting it out of the box and all of the other contents of the box including both the DVI and DB15 cables. I attached the base to the panel and pulled off all of the protective plastic sheeting that coated all of the glossy black finish. Since my PC has an upgraded video card which includes an DVI connector I decided to go with using that connector to hook up this monitor to my computer.

After connecting the the cable to the video card I powered the computer back on and waited for everything to come up. Thanks to Windows 7, the correct resolution setting for this monitor (native 1920 x 1080 pixels) was set and it looked great. It was really nice not having to go into Windows and adjust the resolution settings manually.

I was absolutely blown away by the overall size of the screen, I cannot believe that 2 inches would make that much of a difference, going from a 22” monitor to this. The picture was absolutely stunning, all of the colors were bright and vivid. What I liked about this monitor was that I did not have to turn the brightness down as soon as I first turned it on. I have used other monitors at work that were too bright out of the box and needed to be turned down.

My Final Thoughts

The LG 24 HDMI WIDESCREEN LCD MONITOR,BLACK,SPEAKERS-FULL HD 24 inch LCD Monitor is a definite keeper, I fell in love with it at the store when I was looking for a replacement monitor. Then when I got it home and set it up on my computer desk it looked absolutely great.

WIndows 7 Home Premium had no problem detecting the native resolution setting and it came right up. The screen looked spectacular and the extra couple inches of desktop real estate really comes in handy. I can have a few different windows open at the same time and bounce between them and not have to keep minimizing screens.

In my spare time I have gotten into Internet Marketing and that means I deal with a lot of graphics on most of advertising web pages. It is really important that a monitor is capable showing all of the colors, especially the very subtle ones. I am very happy to say that the LG monitor does a fantastic job of displaying all of the graphics.

I found out quite by surprise that LG included built in speakers inside this monitor. I really like not having to find a set of speakers to hook now. Before you ask, I am not going to tell you that the speakers are something to write home about, but they will do for what I need.

The last thing I want to talk about is the HDMI input that LG added to this monitor which means it can be used as a HDTV. My son discovered another great use for it the other day when he was wanting to use the Playstation3 we had setup in the living room. It is normally connected to the main big screen, but since it was in use, he had to find another option.

Using the HDMI connection on the PS3 and HDMI input on the monitor it connected immediately and he was ready to go in a matter of minutes. One of the issues that can be a problem with using a PC monitor for gaming is that unless the refresh rate is too low it will not work well with many of video games. Fortunately the LG 24” monitor has a very fast  2ms refresh rate which works great when being used with the PS3.

In the end, I was highly recommend the LG 24 HDMI WIDESCREEN LCD MONITOR,BLACK,SPEAKERS-FULL HD 24 inch LCD Monitor to anyone looking for a large computer monitor.

Operating System: Windows and Macintosh

LG Flatron IPS235P-BN 23in. LED LCD Monitor - 16:9 - 5 ms

LG Flatron IPS235P-BN 23in. LED LCD Monitor - 16:9 - 5 ms

23in. LG IPS LED* LCD Monitor The IPS235P with LED backlight promises to provide you with high quality and wide viewing angles, while never compromisi...
Office Depot

LG Electronics - LG IPS231B-BN 23 1080p Widescreen LED Backlit Desktop Monitor, 16:9 Aspe

LG IPS231B-BN 23 1080p Widescreen LED Backlit Desktop Monitor, 16:9 Aspect Ratio, 250 cd/m2 Brightness, 5ms Response Time, D-Sub/DVI-D Input With LG I...
Adorama

LG Flatron IPS231B-BN 23in. LED LCD Monitor - 16:9 - 5 ms

LG Flatron IPS231B-BN 23in. LED LCD Monitor - 16:9 - 5 ms

With the IPS231B-BN, LG combines the wide viewing capabilities of In Plane Switching (IPS) technology with the superior picture quality of LED backlig...

LG 19 Led Monitor

LG 19 Led Monitor

LG's E1910T LEDbacklit LCD monitor is designed with a remarkable contrast ratio (DFC), fast response and environmentally responsible manufacture. From...
h.h. gregg
LG 22 Led Monitor

LG 22 Led Monitor

Go wide and green with the LG E2210P widescreen LEDbacklit LCD monitor. Designed with a remarkable 5,000,000:1 Digital Fine Contrast, a 5 ms response ...
h.h. gregg
LG E2211PB-BN 22in. LED LCD Monitor - 16:9 - 5 ms

LG E2211PB-BN 22in. LED LCD Monitor - 16:9 - 5 ms

TAA Compliance, LED, Super Energy SavingGo wide with the LG E11 series WIDESCREEN LCD monitors. Designed with a remarkable 5M:1 Digital Fine Contrast,...