LG Optimus V VM670 - Black (Virgin Mobile) Smartphone Reviews

LG Optimus V VM670 - Black (Virgin Mobile) Smartphone

Good starter smartphone for the price

Oct 26, 2011

• Clarity:
  • Portability:
  • Battery Life:

Pros:Cheap and reliable smart phone with no contract.

Cons:A little slow and pretty basic and the service is not always great.

The Bottom Line: Good for a starter or basic smartphone for a low cost.

I wanted a smart phone for a long time because the 3g internet would be really useful to me. I found the cheapest unlimited text and internet only $35 a month though Virgin Mobile that was no contract. I looked at the smart phone that were available for Virgin Mobile and the LG Optimus one was on sale for $99 from $140. This is my very first smart phone. It's a pretty basic smart phone good for a starter smart phone. If i wanted to spend more money i could get something better.

The internet through 3g and wifi have been pretty good. The phone is a little slow but i wouldnt expect more from it because of how cheap it is. Getting a signal is not always the best. I have trouble getting a signal in some stores especially those with thick roofs. The touch screen is pretty responsive i havent had any problems with it. The speech to text is ok, sometimes a little off. It's a nice feature when i dont have time to type, i like it. The virtual keyboard took a little while to get used to but once you get used to it, it's like typing on  phone that has a keyboard. This phone has swype technology for typing which can be a nice feature. I use it all the time for texting and to me it saves time.

I don't expect cameras to be good on phones but the one that comes on this one is bad. The video is a little bette rbut still not great. I don't think i'll be using it for anything more than scanning bar codes.

There are a ton of apps you can get from the android market. Alot of them are free or very inexpensive. You can get apps to customize the phone in alot of different ways. There are games you can get and a bunch of fun stuff to download and play around with.

There really isn't anything thats bad about the phone besides it's really basic and can be a little slow. The service is not always the best. Theres very low signal in areas that are not int eh city.

Recommended for: Stylish Trendsetters - Hip and Trendy

LG Optimus V Prepaid Android Phone (Virgin Mobile) [Wireless Phone Accessory] Features and Functions: Android 2.2 Operating System Fast 3G connectivit...