Gaylord Opryland Hotel

A River Runs Through It!! It really does!!

Feb 22, 2001 (Updated Feb 22, 2001)

Pros:Huge, A Nice Place for a special occasion

Cons:High Priced

The Bottom Line: If you want to stay in a luxury hotel with lots to see and do, stay at the Opryland Hotal.

Whoever thought we'd be visiting a hotel with a river running through it?!! This is unbelievable.

When our daughter went away to college at Nashville, one of the first places we visited when there was Opryland Hotel. Her and her friends used to go there and study and sit by the fire on cold winter nights. They have huge fireplaces and sitting areas on each floor. What a place to study.

Back in 1996, when our daughter got married, we visited again and wow, we couldnít get over all the change and growth since we last visited. Iíll try to do it justice.

The Opryland Hotel is a city within itself. There are nine acres of indoor gardens and they are beautiful. The atrium rainforest is preserved under a 15-story dome and is as pretty as any Iíve ever seen. Sitting there, you feel like youíre out in the forest and you can even watch the birds flying back and forth. The paths wind every way, around waterfalls and beside small streams. Gorgeous.

And surrounding these lush indoor gardens are 2, 884 guest room, including 220 suites!! Add to that 30 specialty shops and a bunch of restaurants and numerous lounges and itís a pretty amazing place. The meeting and convention space alone contains 600,000 square feet.

The hotel is divided into 5 main areas. They are The Magnolia, The Garden Conservatory, Cascades Conservatory, The Delta, Restaurants, and the Convention Center, which is the hub of activity. There are also 5 ballrooms in this huge hotel. Unbelievable. Since the hotel is only a part of a huge meeting and entertainment area known as Opryland, I will list some of the attractions connected with this hotel.

 Grand Ole Opry, shows every Friday and Saturday night,
4,400 seats!! Legendary Shows. Can also be booked for
special events.
 Opry Mills, a 12 million square feet shopping area. Oh what a shopping experience!

This really is some place and itís even hard to describe. There are about 3-4 floors of nothing but beautiful plush carpet, sitting areas, fireplaces and chandeliers, all with rooms opening off of them. The rooms range from 150.00 Ė500.00 per night, depending on what you want.

SERVICES

 Valet Parking
 Entertainment/Talent
 Event Transportation

AMENITIES

 Kinko's Business Center offering copy services, fax, shipping, computer work stations
 Fitness Center
 Three Swimming Pools
 Hertz Car Rentals
 Unique Shops to suit a variety of tastes
 National Cellular Rentals
 A wide variety of restaurants and lounges
 The Delta, 4.5-acre Indoor River and Garden
 Acres and Acres of Indoor Tropical Gardens
 Opryland attractions including The Grand Ole Opry, The General Jackson Showboat, Springhouse Golf Club and more.
 Opryland International Travel Agency, our own Ďin-houseí travel agency

This hotel has got it all!! Call 1-888-976-2000 to book reservations.

For General Information, call 615-889-1000