The Luxor Hotel And Casino

Where Did All the Cool Ambiance Go???

Jun 21, 2012

Pros:The Pros are the friendly atmosphere and the attratium checkin.

Cons:Entire theme is gone! Additions to the outside of the pyramid looks terrible!

The Bottom Line: I really like this hotel but stay ther for comfortable rooms not for an Egypt theme.

I am writing this review in 2012.  Things have changed since I spent my honeymoon there in 1996! Back then, when I stayed there my expierence was incredible because it was really like staying in a pyramid in Egypt.  The decore in all the rooms matched the theme (a pyramid in Egypt) with talking camels in the check-in attratium, a boat tour inside the actual hotel which took you through a maze of Egypt attractions like King Tut's tomb, there was a Trilogy ride which was divided into three different rides containing a simulated motion ride, an elevator ride with a video adventure, and a talk show called Luxor Live.

Luxor also had a great light show that took place at night. They had some very good resteraunts that were easily affordable as well.

You used to be able to purchase a pyramid shaped glass with your choice of an alcoholic drink and walk up and down the strip with it exploring all the other hotels.

At the valet pick up, the Valets and many of the other workers would be dressed up in Egyption atire.

Now, it is just regular clothes.  Hardly anything applies to the Egyption theme anymore.
The people who work there are still very nice but watch out for them because they will give you show tickets if you go to a presentation about buying their condos.

The room is still very nice and affordable.  The inclinators (elevators) are still great and amazing but I wish it was more like it was.  I miss it!