Original Logitech Replacement Ball for Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball Mouse (509926543764) Reviews

The Best Logitech Trackball Ever Made!

Jun 10, 2011 (Updated Jun 10, 2011)

Pros:Comfortable, 80- 18 months battery life, 30 ft powerful 2.4 Ghz signal

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: If you need a comfortable trackball that has a powerful 2.4GHz signal for your tight and small workspace or desk, the Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 is perfect!

A Little Bit History

I have been using Logitech thumb trackball since 1998 when I was in still in college. The reason why I bought the trumb trackball because I had a small desk in college and it was very difficult to move a regular mouse on my desk.

The Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 used to be called the LOG9043530403 - Logitech TrackMan 904353-0403 and throughout the year, it has evolved to a lot better ergonomic design. The old Logitech thumb trackball design used to be too flat and too low and but now Logitech design it so it will fit to the curve of your hand.

I started to fall in love with the Logitech thumb trackball because for me it is easier to do graphic design work with Photoshop using the trackball. The thumb trackball gives me more control, faster movement and it is more precise.

The Logitech Trackball M570 is the latest thumb trackball design and Logitech has been very good in making sure their trackball becomes more and more ergonomic and they also improved the frequency level to 2.4 GHz.

Why do I like about the Logitech Trackball M570?

1. It eliminates the need to move a mouse around.

I used to have a small desk and a small study space in my dorm room and it was very difficult to use a regular mouse! The Logitech trackball eliminated the need to move a mouse around.

Today I use the trackball to control my computer from my sofa when I browse Netflix movies and the Web on my multimedia computer center. I have no space on my sofa to move a mouse around and the trackball is perfect because I only have to move my thumb around to control the mouse cursor.

It really helps to eliminate my upper back and shoulder pain because I dont have to move my arm very much when I use the trackball.

I love it because the trackball stays in one place and it puts control of the mouse cursor under your thumb, so there's no need to move your arm to move your mouse cursor. It is perfect for tight a workspace.

2. The battery life is amazing!

The Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 only uses one AA battery. Logitech claims that the Logitech M570 has up to 18 months of battery life. Well I say it is close to 6 to 12 months.

The old wireless Logitech TrackMan 904353-0403 used to use a lot of AA battery power! I changed the AA battery in my old Logitech TrackMan 904353-0403 every 2 to 3 months. Today I only have to change the AA battery for my Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 every six to twelve months! Yes, one AA battery for the whole year!

Do you want to know why? Because the M570 comes with on/off switch button! If you don't want to use the mouse, you can switch it off, therefore it will save more battery power consumption. If you forge to turn the switch off when you are not using it, it reduce the battery life significantly.

2. The wireless plug-and-forget USB receiver.

The old Logitech TrackMan 904353-0403 used to use an ugly dongle with a cable! It hated it because it was hanging next to my laptop when I try to move my laptop around! It broke easily too! I replaced two old Logitech TrackMan 904353-0403 trackballs because the wireless dongle broke!

Logitech finally made the tiny USB Plug-and-Forget receiver! I love it! It doesn't hang on the laptop and it is so tiny! I can't barely see it now and the chance of breaking it is very slim now!

3. It is ergonomically correct and very comfortable.

The ergonomic is very good. The shape really helps the natural shape of my hand when I wrap my hand around the trackball! The shape of the trackball is like the natural curve of my hand.

I can work for hours without having pain in my hand which is wonderful! I used to have numb wrist and hand but not when I use this trackball.

4. The new advanced 2.4 GHz wireless powerful signal.

I was very impressed how power the 2.4 GHz wireless frequency is on the M570! I showed it to my co-worker how strong the signal was by going 3 cubicles way from my desk at the IRS and the receiver was still able to receive signal!

The old Logitech TrackMan 904353-0403 wireless signal was weak and I had to sit in front of the cable dongle receiver in order to use the mouse. Now I can go to the bathroom, brush my teeth and control my computer from the bathroom!

According to Logitech you can be 30 feet away from the receiver and you are still going to be able to use the trackball. It is amazing!

I did Power Point presentation and I stood pretty far away from my laptop and I used the M570 trackball as a Power Point slide controller! I love it!

5. The storage or the USB Plug-and-Forget receiver.

I love the fact that Logitech decided to create a storage for the USB receiver in the battery compartment. I love it! When I travel, I store the receiver in the trackball battery compartment, so I won't lose it.

6. It works on both Apple Mac OS X and Windows XP, Vista and 7

It doesn't matter what Operating System you have, I have Mac OS, Windows XP machine, Windows Vista and Windows 7. The Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 works flawlessly on every OS! It is plug-and-play, you plug it and it works right away!

7. It comes with 3 years warranty!

Yes, Logitech says that if something goes wrong with the trackball within 3 years, they will replace it or try to fix it!

8. It is very responsive and precise!

The response and precision of this trackball is superb! There is no delay reaction or movement. You move it, point it and you get it! I love it!

9. It uses USB port to connect the receiver.

You have have a USB port available on your computer in order to use this trackball. You need to plug the Plug-and-Forget receiver into a USB port.

10. It has built-in scroll button.

I love the fact that it has a scrol button! It makes it easier when to scroll when I go trough MS Word documents or browsing through Web sites.

What I don't like about the trackball.

None, there is nothing that I dislike about this trackball. I think the Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 is the best trackball ever made!

The price is a little bit high. I paid $59.99 tax for my Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 but it is worth every penny!

Conclusion

If you have a small workspace, need a trackball that has 8, 12 and possible 18 months of battery life & a trackball with strong signal and comfortable. I recommend you to buy the Logitech Wireless Trackball M570. It may take sometimes to get used to it but you'll be very happy.

Logitech G-Series Replacement Receiver for G700 Mouse

Logitech G-Series Replacement Receiver for G700 Mouse

Feature: Original Logitech Receiver (993-000404) for Logitech G700 Mouse Does not work with any other models than the G700
993-000037 Logitech Mx Air Mouse Original Replacement Receiver

993-000037 Logitech Mx Air Mouse Original Replacement Receiver

Brand New Original Logitech Replacement Receiver (PN : 993-000037 )for MX Air Rechargeable Cordless Air Mouse

Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX

Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX

The Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX uses Logitech Darkfield Laser Tracking technology to provide precise cursor control on virtually any surface, even glas...

Brand Logitech Performance Mouse Mx Wireless Laser In Original Package

Brand Logitech Performance Mouse Mx Wireless Laser In Original Package

Brand New in Original Package, Factory Sealed Not Refurbished, Returned, or Repaired!Fast Free shipping with delivery tracking number Please pay by Pa...

LOGITECH, INC. K750 Wireless Solar Keyboard

LOGITECH, INC. K750 Wireless Solar Keyboard

LOGITECH, INC. LOG920002912 Make battery hassles a thing of the past with this wireless keyboard that is powered by indoor or natural light, plus can ...
Shoplet.com

Logitech Marathon Mouse

Logitech Marathon Mouse

The Logitech M705 Wireless Marathon Mouse is convenient to use and offers a tangle-free solution. The right handed mouse comes with a special unifying...

Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750

Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750

The K750 Wireless Solar Keyboard from Logitech makes battery hassles a thing of the past. This keyboard charges itself whenever theres light and stays...
Dell

Logitech K800 Illuminated Keyboard

Logitech K800 Illuminated Keyboard

Wireless keyboard features laser-etched, backlit keys that you can see easily in any light. The PerfectStroke key system helps make every stroke fluid...
Office Depot

Logitech - MX Performance Wireless Laser Mouse, Black, Computer Accessories

Logitech - MX Performance Wireless Laser Mouse, Black, Computer Accessories

Logitech MX Performance Wireless Laser Mouse, Black The Logitech Performance Mouse MX Wireless Mouse is a high-quality laser mouse with a wireless int...
Adorama