Original Logitech Replacement Ball for Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball Mouse (509926543764) Reviews

Logitech Wireless Trackball M570

Jun 20, 2011

Pros:ease of operation, wireless, easy setup, mouse/trackball in one, comfortable fit to hand.

Cons:a slight learning curve moving from a ambidextrous trackball.

The Bottom Line: Small learning curve but easy to use and install. Portable for travel and no cords or dongles to tout around. Very solid and light weight.

A MUST HAVE

For the last few months I have been having an issue with my Logitech ambidextrous trackball. Initially I was under the impression it was related to a new driver because that is when problem seemed to be noticeable. The curser would not lock in when trying to resize text or graphic frames and in some programs the curser has several task associated its function in this task. When grabbing a corner of the text or graphic frame the curser would lock in and then attempt to rotate or move the frame in place of the resize.

As any good tech I performed the routine deductions: look for a newer driver for the device but had the most recent. Removed the driver completely, a complete shut down and reboot, installed the driver again. I keep the trackball immaculate but elected to perform another through cleaning. Still the issue persisted, I had only one other alternative, conduct a visible and audible study when performing task where the curser movement was acting erratic.

Upon this detail inspection I discovered the left trackball button had a solid click sound as of day one of ownership. However, in depressed state something appeared to give, and I needed to hold that left button in a particular spot in order for the trackball to behave normally. The switch after a ten plus year period was finally giving way.

MUST BUY NEWER

At present my Logitech trackball was the ONLY input device on my system that was still corded. Rather than disassembly I opted to purchase a new unit. I had been happy with this trackball so long I was tempted to buy another since that model was still available but instead I elected on the newer Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 model.

The Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 is stylish, attractive; color matches my present computer setup, offers comfort of a mouse and function of a trackball. It is wireless offering real time responsiveness eliminating that cord running across my desk.

IN THE BOX

1 -- Logitech Wireless Trackball M570
1 - Uni Wireless Receiver
1 - warranty card, quick start and manual.
2 - AA batteries [expecting 18 months of life minimum from them]

INSTALL, SETUP, and OPERATION

After uninstalling the old Logitech trackball driver with a complete shutdown restart I plugged in the USB Wireless Receiver Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate recognized it immediately and installed the latest driver. I removed the battery disabler from the Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 and moved the switch to the on position. Everything went without issue and I am extremely happy with my new purchase.

The blue track ball is silky smooth, quiet and very accurate.  The left and right mouse buttons are large, confortable with solid physical feedback and a mild click sound that is not irritating. It also sports a track wheel for scrolling pages which is silent to me with normal room noise and provides good friction feedback. The track wheel is large enough to scroll without accidently depressing a mouse button.

To the upper left of the left mouse button is two reasonable sized buttons for navigating forward and backwards while surfing the web and some other programs. The top most of these two buttons navigate forward and the one just beneath reverses backwards.

Just below the backwards button is a green led when power is being drawn by the Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 indicating battery level. The Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 automatically shuts itself down when not in use to conserve battery power. Therefore I have no plans to turn the Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 off  by physically moving the switch on its underneath side.

SOLID TRACKBALL

Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 feels solidly constructed with a good stationary weight though light enough for portable use and travel. The USB wireless receiver is very small [about the size of a US nickel coin] it can be stored away in the battery compartment when traveling or left permanently in place on a notebook or desktop computer without being obtrusive. This Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 should give years of service like its predecessor under normal use and treatment.

LEARNING CURVE

A slight learning curve is involved - after a number of years of utilizing an ambidextrous Logitech trackball using two fingers to navigate the ball and thumb and pinky to control left and right clicking. The change is noticeable. Now the thumb navigates the ball and the two fingers control the left and right mouse buttons and stroll wheel [track wheel].

Using the Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 is a confortable situation - it is just the retraining of one's brain to the new ball and buttons layout.

RECOMMEND

I truly recommend this to anyone with a slate, tablet, notebook or desktop computer. Unless you have unusually small or large hands you should be well suited to this Logitech Wireless Trackball M570. The elderly may even benefit from Logitech's newest design if they suffer from dexterity problems. Before I forget - the blue ball pops out easily for cleaning and right back in - however it does not fall out when packing it or turning it upside down. This is a good thing.

The Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 makes a wonderful first purchase or as for me a great replacement. I am considering purchasing another for the other computer in the den.

SIGNATURE

I like to close my reviews with a THANK YOU because I do appreciate you investing your precious time in reading my material. We live in a complex complicated world where time is at a premium. I do pray you found this review like my others informative and helpful in aiding your next purchasing decision. Your comments are always welcome and I make every attempt to reply to comments as time permits. Again THANK YOU for the opportunity to aid you in spending your hard earned money wisely.

I am not employed or receive any compensation by the manufacture or any organization promoting this product or additional hardware. I purchased or received as a gift my product like anyone else and just sharing my myriad thoughts and experience with you.

2011 Copyrighted by Gary Drury

Logitech G-Series Replacement Receiver for G700 Mouse

Logitech G-Series Replacement Receiver for G700 Mouse

Feature: Original Logitech Receiver (993-000404) for Logitech G700 Mouse Does not work with any other models than the G700
993-000037 Logitech Mx Air Mouse Original Replacement Receiver

993-000037 Logitech Mx Air Mouse Original Replacement Receiver

Brand New Original Logitech Replacement Receiver (PN : 993-000037 )for MX Air Rechargeable Cordless Air Mouse

Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX

Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX

The Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX uses Logitech Darkfield Laser Tracking technology to provide precise cursor control on virtually any surface, even glas...

Logitech Corded Mouse M100

Logitech Corded Mouse M100

Designed ergonomically, the Logitech Corded Mouse M100 lets you work comfortably at your computer. With its ambidextrous design, the Logitech optical ...

Brand Logitech Performance Mouse Mx Wireless Laser In Original Package

Brand Logitech Performance Mouse Mx Wireless Laser In Original Package

Brand New in Original Package, Factory Sealed Not Refurbished, Returned, or Repaired!Fast Free shipping with delivery tracking number Please pay by Pa...

LOGITECH, INC. K750 Wireless Solar Keyboard

LOGITECH, INC. K750 Wireless Solar Keyboard

LOGITECH, INC. LOG920002912 Make battery hassles a thing of the past with this wireless keyboard that is powered by indoor or natural light, plus can ...
Shoplet.com

Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750

Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750

The K750 Wireless Solar Keyboard from Logitech makes battery hassles a thing of the past. This keyboard charges itself whenever theres light and stays...
Dell

Logitech K800 Illuminated Keyboard

Logitech K800 Illuminated Keyboard

Wireless keyboard features laser-etched, backlit keys that you can see easily in any light. The PerfectStroke key system helps make every stroke fluid...
Office Depot

Logitech - Performance Mouse MX - Black

Logitech - Performance Mouse MX - Black

Enjoy accurate control on a range of surfaces with this Logitech MX 910-001105 wireless laser mouse, which features Darkfield Laser Tracking for preci...
Best Buy