Logitech Z506 Computer Speakers Reviews

Logitech Z506 Computer Speakers

Free Shipping Target

Logitech Z506 Speakers - Worth the short period or not?

Nov 3, 2012

Pros:Great Sound, Look modern, Multiple Inputs, Bass Dial, Easy Set Up, Very Loud.

Cons:Cables don't stretch far, My speakers have blown on a regular basis

The Bottom Line: I would recommend if you know a more trusted brand, even if it is the slightest bit more expensive, then go with those.

In New Zealand particularly, Logitech are the grandfathers of speakers and stereo/sound units. There is no doubt in my mind this is probably different to larger countries, but even still, Logitech is a common brand.

I initially had the smaller version of the speakers, but upgraded to these babies due to the big sound to play my music. We have three of these at home - one set up to the computer, one in my room and one no longer in use.
WHAT COMES IN THE BOX -
- Speakers, 3.5 mm and six channel direct audio cables (RCA cable not included), Colour-coded speaker cables, User documentation
- Subwoofer
COMPATIBLE WITH -
- Computers, music players, TVs, DVD players and other audio sources with 3.5 mm or RCA audio out, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 or Wii using the AV cable that comes with your console
DIMENSIONS -
- Cable Length - Front: 2m, Rear: 5m, Center: 2.7m, Accessory Cable: 2m
- Packaged Weight (kg) 5.45
POWER -

- 75 Watts
PRICE
I normally buy things like electrical equipment from somewhere local rather than online as I don't like paying for something expensive or heavy and then having to wait for it to arrive. Normally I just wait for the local sales to come on - these have always been priced around $100 New Zealand which converts to 51 Pounds, or US$82
Ebay is a great online website that I often use. There is almost always free shipping on the items I buy and the majority of them are brand new, and cheaper than in stores - Plus it ships to most countries.
I found a set of these speakers on Ebay for US$50 however additional shipping was $100! This is one of the main reasons I buy directly from shops.
MY OPINION -
- When you play your first lot of sound through these speakers it is crystal clear, the base (which is adjustable to your liking) is heavy and man is it easy to crank it up and fall deep into the music. However this is my 3rd set of logitech speakers, 2nd of this type specifically, and that is because the speakers blow extremely easy!
Now I am not one at all to blast my speakers on full - the base may be heavy, but I am always too scared to go to the maximum sound level. Plus these speakers are so loud, you don't need to go the full way.
My last set of speakers and this set of speakers have not suffered any damage to he subwoofer, the bass is still fine generally, sometimes it can rattle but it isn't noticeable.
As for the individual speakers, on both of my sets they have blown and now either play a really distorted sound or nothing at all. Out of the 5 total, 2 of mine have blown and I must add I only bought these about 5 months ago.
That is probably one of the biggest downsides I have experienced with Logitech speakers - disappointing for it to happen especially when they are so new.
The cables also don't stretch very far, annoying if you are wanting to get the full surround sound effect.
As for the positives!
It is so easy to set up! I am not a huge technical girl but these could be set up by a 10 year old - the colored ends of the cords definitely help.
They look awesome! Being a girl I am a huge fan of how things like, and how they fit into my room but the simplistic yet modern look means these can fit in almost anywhere whilst looking great.
You can change the bass - there is a dial to turn it either up or down.
The sound is loud and really good - regardless of the speakers blowing, the initial sound was/is fantastic - especially for parties, gaming or movies.
Multiple inputs - You can connect these speakers with your iPod, TV, Gaming console. This flexibility is extremely handy!
All in all there is no doubting I love this product (as I keep going back to it) however the never-ending blowing of speakers is such a let down. I would recommend if you know a more trusted brand, even if it is the slightest bit more expensive, then go with those. I wish we had more variety in NZ so I wouldn't have to keep spending hundreds on new sets!

Information taken from - http://www.dicksmith.co.nz/product/XH5313/logitech-surround-speaker-z506

Have a theater-like experience with the Logitech Z506 computer speakers, presenting audio in 5.1 sound. Generating a power output of 75 watts, these L...

Find speakers at Target.com! Pump up the volume with the logitech z506 computer speaker system. This state-of-the-art computer speaker system fills yo...
Color: Black Features: Ported down-firing subwoofer pumps out deep, clean, booming bass Rich 3D stereo in 5.1 surround sound, even from 2-channel ster...
Product Details Ported down-firing subwoofer pumps out deep, clean, booming bass Rich 3D stereo in 5.1 surround sound, even from 2-channel stereo sour...
Z506 5.1 Speaker System - 75 W RMS MPN: 980-000430
Be moved by big, 5.1 surround sound from your music, movies and games with the Logitech Surround Sound 5.1 Z506 speaker system. Multiple inputs allow ...
Toys R Us
Be moved by big, 5.1 sound. With 75 watts (RMS) of room-filling sound and a powerful subwoofer, this system will bring your music, movies, and games t...
Logitech Z506 5.1 Speaker System - 75 W RMS
Logitech Z-506 - Speaker system - For PC - 5.1-channel - 75 Watt (total) 980-000430
you Run The Showmultiple Inputs Let You Connect Your Pc, Game Console, Ipod, Dvd Player, And More.you're Surroundedit Envelops You, Immersing You In T...
Logitech Z506 5.1 Speakers Be moved by big, 5.1 surround sound from your music, movies and games with the Logitech Surround Sound 5.1 Z506 speaker sys...