-50%

MAGNASONIC MM176K Clock Radio

See The Time -Magnasonic MAG-MM176K AM/FM Projection Clock Radio

Apr 27, 2012

• Sound:

Pros:easy to set up, compact, dual alarms, radio, project time on wall, battery backup

Cons:display a bit bright even on dim

The Bottom Line:

We like the Magnasonic MAG-MM176K AM/FM Projection Clock Radio for the many features it offers. It is a compact, reliable clock that we would recommend to others.

For Christmas my son asked for a new alarm clock. He even made it easy, he told me exactly which alarm clock he wanted. He had asked for the Magnasonic MAG-MM176K AM/FM Projection Clock Radio with Dual Alarm, Auto Time Set/Restore, Temperature Display, and Battery Backup. He had even saved it to my shopping cart on Amazon so this gift was a no brainer.

My son received his new alarm clock and quickly opened and set it up. The Magnasonic Clock Radio was easy to set the time and date. The clock is black with a 3.6 LCD screen. The screen is a decent size and you can clearly see the time with the large blue backlit. The clock has an auto dimmer that automatically turns off the backlight when the click is not in use. You can still easily see the time even without the backlit. The Magnasonic Clock Radio comes with an AM/FM radio and a preinstalled battery.  The clock also features a temperature and current month, day and year.

One reason my son wanted this clock was that it automatically set the time, date and restores the alarm setting when we have a power loss. We live back in the mountains and lose power a lot. He loves that he doesn’t have to worry about resetting his clock each time. Also with the battery backup he does not have to worry if we lose power in the middle of the night. The time will stay on and his alarms are still set.  He did have to set the time zone which was easy to do. The clock also adjusts the time for daylight savings time so he doesn’t even have to worry about that. This clock also saves your alarm settings when the power goes out.

One feature he loves but I feel was totally unnecessary is that the clock projects the time on your wall or ceiling in red. He likes this because no matter where he is in his room, he can see the time on his wall. The red is a soft red; it’s not like a flashing neon bright red or anything. The projector can be titled 180 degrees so you could see the time almost anywhere in the room.

Another thing we like about the Magnasonic Clock Radio is that it has dual alarms with optional weekend skip. He can set two different wake times which is nice. He uses one alarm for getting up Monday through Friday and the other for weekends. This is nice as he doesn’t have to remember on Sunday to change his alarm back to get up on Monday. He also likes that the alarm can be set to wake him to a radio or a buzzer. You can also set it that the time projection will only go off when the alarm does or have it display all the time. My son has the projection on all the time. My son also likes that he can connect his iPod or mp3 player into the clock as it comes with an auxiliary 3.5mm jack.

The Magnasonic Clock Radio is compact and doesn’t take up much room on my son’s dresser. The clock radio has an AM/FM radio that I use more than he does. I normally turn it on if I am in his room putting away clothes or cleaning up. The radio sound is good and it has a digital channel display.

The only complaint I have with the Magnasonic Clock Radio is that the display is a bit on the bright side even on dim. As I stated, this is my complaint but it doesn’t seem to bother my son. He says he likes it because it’s like having a small nightlight in his room. If he gets up in the middle of the night, he doesn’t   have to worry about stepping on the dog because he can see around his room.

I purchased the Magnasonic Clock Radio from Amazon for around twenty five dollars. That was a bit higher than what I have paid for clock radios for myself but this one had more features than other clocks I have owned. With comparing it to other clocks with the same features, I think this one was reasonably priced. I did not look for this clock in a store so I do not know if it can be purchased other than online. I didn’t even shop around for the best price.

The Magnasonic Clock Radio does come with a one year limited warranty. My son has owned his clock for about five months and so far, we have not had any issues.

We like the Magnasonic MAG-MM176K AM/FM Projection Clock Radio with Dual Alarm, Auto Time Set/Restore, Temperature Display, and Battery Backup for the many features it offers. It is a compact, reliable clock that we would recommend to others.

Magnasonic MAG-MM176K AM/FM Projection Clock Radio with Dual Alarm & Auto Time Set/Restore
Magnasonic MAG-MM176K AM/FM Projection Clock Radio with Dual Alarm, Auto Time Set/Restore, Temperature Display, and Battery Backup Features:Automatica...

Magnasonic MAG-MM176K AM/FM Projection Clock Radio with Dual Alarm, Auto Time Set/Restore, Temperature Display, and Battery Backup Automatically Sets ...
Magnasonic MAG-MM176K AM/FM Projection Clock Radio with Dual Alarm, Auto Time Features Automatically Sets the Time/Date Restores Alarm Settings after ...
Great price, reliable service! Buy with confidence! This auction is for a brand new, factory sealed Magnasonic MAG-MM176K AM/FM Projection Clock Radio...
Manufacturer Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer's Direct Parts+Labor Warranty Magnasonic Projection Alarm Clock Radio w/ Temperature Battery Backup Never ...
Dual Alarm Clock Radio AM/FM w/Projection Auto Time Set Magnasonic MAG-MM176K Item Condition Brand new, factory sealed Product Features Automatically ...