Magnavox MDV2100 DVD Player (19") Reviews

Magnavox MDV2100 DVD Player (19")

1 consumer review

Lasted 7 months

Oct 8, 2011

Pros:Small
Cheap

Cons:Poor Quality
Only 90 day full Warranty
Poor Customer Support

The Bottom Line: If you need a small unit, you don't have many choices.  If you do find another brand, buy it instead.

This unit died after 7 months. It has a 12 month warranty but Wal-Mart won't take it back after 90 days. I called Magnavox support and wasted 20 minutes. They just gave me another number to call Funai support. Funai are only open Mon. - Fri. 8:30 - 5:30. For the sake of $29, it was easier to just pay the money and replace it.

It's a basic unit but it did the job... until it died. The only reason I bought a cheap brand was because it had to fit in a very small space. It's hard to find these smaller sized units. The only manufacturers still making them are cheap. I've had at least 6 different makes/models of compact DVD players and they last only last 6-14 months. On the other hand, my full size DVD players (that get more use) seem to last forever.

Even though I bought a replacement, I returned the old unit to Funai for repair.  I had to pay the shipping myself (about $8).  They returned it pretty quickly.  However, it was not the unit I sent to them.  They sent a "refurbished" unit that has a lot of scratches.  The unit I sent them wasn't scratched at all.

Watch your favorite movies and programs with the Magnavox MDV2100 DVD player. This Magnavox DVD player is compatible with DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW and CD-R/...