Architectural Digest Magazine Subscription Reviews

Architectural Digest Magazine Subscription

Architectural Digest: Hollywood at Home

Mar 21, 2000 (Updated Oct 5, 2000)

Pros:interesting essays, photos and features

Cons:a bit expensive

For someone who is a regular reader of just about every shelter magazine, I have to admit that Architectural Digest is one that usually leaves me cold. I rarely read it because when I do I find that most of its features are unrealistic and pretentious (as least in my humble opinion). I guess Architectural Digest just isn't my style.

In addition to shelter magazines, I also love movie magazines. I used to love to read Premiere, back before they changed management, and the trades. I love Vanity Fair, especially its classic Hollywood issues.

One issue of Architectural Digest does help to combine my two loves: decorating and the movies. I have to admit that I have found myself purchasing at least one issue every year for the last few years and reading it cover to cover. I never seem to miss the annual “Hollywood At Home” issue (April) once it hits the newsstand. It practically leaps off the shelf and into my hands when I least suspect it. I do love classic Hollywood and the movies.

For those of you who have never noticed this issue look for the collage of movie starts on the cover. The April 2000 cover shows: Clark Gable, Natalie Wood, William H. Macy, Hedy Lamarr, Marilyn Monroe, Bing Crosby, Samuel L. Jackson, Doris Day and Claire Danes. Just a few of the stars featured between the covers of this issue.

Between the covers are photo spreads and features of all aspects of “Hollywood” style.

Don’t miss Robert Towne’s marvelous essay where he recalls the sites, sounds and smells of a long-dead L.A. and how they inspired him to write the screenplay for Chinatown.

Paul Theroux observes the bidders at a Christie’s Hollywood memorabilia auction in “Selling Marilyn Monroe” and shares stories on who bought what and for how much.

My particular favorite’s always include the people, places and things of Hollywood’s golden era including in this issue articles on Film Noir posters, restoring English movie palaces, silent era movie star homes, Busby Berkeley’s mansion, and even a feature about Jamaica’s Goldeneye Hotel (there is a great corner writing desk that I just have to have).

I love the breadth and depth of this issue, the photos and the essays, the stars and the writers/producers/set designers, and the old and the new. If you are a movie buff (classic or otherwise) you will want to add Architectural Digest’s Hollywood at Home issue to your collection. Besides, it looks great on a coffee table!

Architectural Digest Subscription 12 monthly

Architectural Digest Subscription 12 monthly

Architectural Digest is a monthly interior design magazine written for an affluent and style-conscious audience.

Architectural Digest Spain (N) Subscription 6 every two months

Architectural Digest Spain (N) Subscription 6 every two months

Architectural Digest is a magazine of unrivalled quality and production, averaging over 250 pages per issue. Architectural Digest features fine exampl...
Magazines.com

Architectural Digest Magazine - 4 year(s)

Architectural Digest Magazine - 4 year(s)

48 issues - Presents outstanding residential interiors. It exemplifies fine art, antiques, architecture, and gardens.

Architectural Digest France Special Subscription 2 twice a year

Architectural Digest France Special Subscription 2 twice a year

One of the most comprehensive coverage of architect, design and decoration, Architectural Digest, France offers the inside and outside views of some o...

Architectural Digest- Desing Magazine- October 2009- World's Top Architects

Architectural Digest- Desing Magazine- October 2009- World's Top Architects

International Buyer’s Important Duties, Taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer’s re...

Architectural Digest Magazine - 2 year(s)

Architectural Digest Magazine - 2 year(s)

24 issues - Presents outstanding residential interiors. It exemplifies fine art, antiques, architecture, and gardens.
SpeedyMags.com

Architectural Digest Magazine - 1 year(s)

Architectural Digest Magazine - 1 year(s)

12 issues - Presents outstanding residential interiors. It exemplifies fine art, antiques, architecture, and gardens.
SpeedyMags.com

Architectural Digest Magazine - 3 year(s)

Architectural Digest Magazine - 3 year(s)

36 issues - Presents outstanding residential interiors. It exemplifies fine art, antiques, architecture, and gardens.

Architectural Design Magazine Subscription 6 every two months

Architectural Design Magazine Subscription 6 every two months

Architectural Design magazine is an influential architectural publication. Architectural Design magazine includes articles on technical innovations an...
Magazines.com

Gun Digest Magazine - 1 year(s)

Gun Digest Magazine - 1 year(s)

18 issues - About Gun Digest: Gun Digest Magazine (Previous Name: Gun List Magazine) is an alphabetically indexed publication for buying or selling fi...
Subscription Addiction