Contest Newsletter Magazine

10 consumer reviews
Average Product Rating: Very Good

Feeding my addiction

Jan 12, 2000

Pros:fun resource for contest addicts

Cons:odds of winning contests are not increased by subscribing

I love entering contests. I think it is the thrill of actually winning something without having to really work for it. No, I've never won anything significant (other than my Batman kite and comic books I won when I was about 7 from a children's cereal box).

My husband used to laugh when we would go to the mall and I would stop at every contest box to add my name and address to the hundreds of others already entered.

"What are you going to do with a bench that has Forrest Gump written on it?", my husband would say.

"I don't know", I would say, as I scribbled my name and phone number.

I remember as a child, my parents receiving the Contest newsletter. Even as a child, I was intrigued with the idea of entering contests (no need to comment on this, I know I am weird...). At the age of 11, I would advise my parents on which contests they should enter.

So, when I was perusing my yearly letter from Ed McMahon, I was excited to notice that the Contest Newsletter was still around! I quickly affixed my Contest stamp onto my "I'm already a millionaire winner" envelope and anxiously awaited for my first newsletter.

The format of the Contest Newsletter has not changed much over the years (from what I recall). The Newsletter is about 8 pages long. The first page gives you updates on all the Newsletter subscribers that have won from contests that were previously published in the newsletters. The following pages lists various contests that you can enter, as well as the qualifications, entry requirements, etc.

What can you find in the contest listings? You can find contests to win a year's supply of groceries, win a vacation to Hawaii, win a shopping spree to New York, and many many more. There's a wide variety of prizes.

Under each contest listing, you can find what you need to do to enter. Are any purchases necessary? Do you have to be 18? If you live in a certain state, are you not able to enter? How many times can you enter? What do I have to include in my entry?

The contest Newsletter will let you know all the above information. Anything you will need to know about a particular contest will be included in the paragraph provided.

Many contests are very picky about their requirements. For example, if a contest asks for a 4x6 index card, and you send a 3 1/2 by 5 card, you may be ineligable. The Contest Newsletter does a great job by clearly stating these small specifics that you need to pay attention to in order to not be disqualified.

The newsletter will come to your mailbox about every 6-8 weeks. The newsletter is not very expensive, running around the same price as a magazine subscription.

I know the odds of winning some of these contests are outrageous, but as I said earlier, I enjoy entering them. And hey, I'll when I win that 7 foot Darth Vader statue, I'll really enjoy my efforts.

Quilters Newsletter Magazine - 2 year(s)

Quilters Newsletter Magazine - 2 year(s)

12 issues - Information and articles for quilting enthusiasts, both beginners and experienced.

Quilters Newsletter Magazine - 1 year(s)

6 issues - Quilters Newsletter provides information and articles for quilting enthusiasts, both beginners and experienced.

Quilters Newsletter Magazine - 1 year(s)

6 issues - Information and articles for quilting enthusiasts, both beginners and experienced.

Bike Magazine

Bike Magazine

Bike magazine showcases the sport of mountain biking like no other publication. It captures the sport's personalities, trends, and issues with a styl...
Cheapmags.net

Womens Health Magazine - 2 year(s)

Womens Health Magazine - 2 year(s)

20 issues - Women's Health Magazine is the ulitmate cutting-edge lifestyle magazine for health consious women who expect more than just traditional to...
Subscription Addiction

Womens Health Magazine - 3 year(s)

Womens Health Magazine - 3 year(s)

30 issues - Women's Health Magazine is the ulitmate cutting-edge lifestyle magazine for health consious women who expect more than just traditional to...

New York Magazine

New York Magazine

2013 National Magazine Award Winner for Magazine of the Year! New York Magazine is the magazine of New York City, the biggest, most affluent market i...
Magazineline

Dirt Bike Magazine - 3 year(s)

Dirt Bike Magazine - 3 year(s)

36 issues - [CANNOT BE SENT TO PRISONS] Dirt Bike Magazine has been the leading authority on off-road motorcycling for almost 25 years, and has the pe...
SpeedyMags.com

Hot Bike Magazine - 3 year(s)

Hot Bike Magazine - 3 year(s)

36 issues - Hot Bike Magazine is written exclusively for the new breed of Harley motorcycle riders.
Subscription Addiction

Women's Health Magazine Magazine - 3 year(s)

Women's Health Magazine Magazine - 3 year(s)

30 issues - The ulitmate cutting-edge lifestyle magazine for health consious women who expect more than just traditional topics and conventional ideas...