Crutchfield Magazine

Do it YourSelf... Save $$$

Feb 1, 2001 (Updated Feb 1, 2001)
Rated a Flagged Review

• Quality of Reviews:

Pros:Great Selection of Car and Home Audio Systems

Cons:Not many

The Bottom Line: Comprehensive catalog and website that gives you great service and confidence in their products. A Great Sales team is only a phone call away.

I have been on the market for an aftermarket cd player or changer for my new car. I had been to the obvious sites around town before, Circuit City, etc. I never really found anything that was right for me, without the extra $100 installation fees.

Funny thing, I came home one day, and I had a Crutchfield catalog in the mail waiting for me. As if the gods of the radio sent it down from Olympus. It couldn't have gotten here at a better time. I quickly thumbed through it and found I was looking at the perfect place to make my radio decision.

I went online to see the site, and found it was even more informative than the catalog. My car, is not the easiest car to comply with, as I've known, and they helped this problem get fixed easily. They recommended a great changer that uses an OEM adapter on my wires that are already in my car. What does this mean? PLUG AND PLAY!! Literally. Since I'm using my already installed wires, I don't have to pay a fat guy to rummage around my car for 5 hours of labor stinking it up--I can do it myself.

The equipment they sell is sent with an exact manual that tells you how to install anything IN YOUR CAR. Not someone else’s. They have a research team that creates a master sheet for your specific car, and make it as easy as possible for you to install yourself.

They also have a great telephone service department that, is online 24 hours a day, and they know everything you need to hear about for your car, so you know you are protected. And that never goes away. You have technical support for life.

Crutchfield is a very comprehensive and helpful website and catalog for anyone who wants to know anything about car and home audio and accessories. They give me a great feeling about myself, not only knowing I am protected by their staff to help me if I need it, but it gives me great pride in know "I installed this, myself."

P.s. If you might be able to help me out, and yourself do this. Mention this number, 20725056, it will get you 25$ off of your purchase for becoming a new customer. Another one of those great customer retention plans.

Primary Reason for Buying: Product Reviews/Information
Recommended For: Hobbyists/Enthusiasts

The Ghost of Crutchfield Hall

The Ghost of Crutchfield Hall

When twelve-year-old Florence boards the crowded horse-drawn coach in London, she looks forward to a new life with her great uncle and aunt at Crutchf...
knetbooks.com

Do More Than Give - Leslie R. Crutchfield, John V. Kania and Mark R. Kramer - 9780470891445 - 0470891440

9780470891445 - 0470891440 - Leslie R. Crutchfield, John V. Kania and Mark R. Kramer - John Wiley & Sons, Inc. - 11 Edition
Textbooks.com

Hist 1111: History of U.S. to 1865 (Custom) - Crutchfield - 9780618718269 - 0618718265

9780618718269 - 0618718265 - Crutchfield - Cengage Custom Publishing - 08 Edition
Textbooks.com

Job Hazard Analysis - James E. Roughton and Nathan Crutchfield - 9780750683463 - 0750683465

9780750683463 - 0750683465 - James E. Roughton and Nathan Crutchfield - Elsevier Science - 08 Edition