Maxell Jelleez EB-PK In-Ear only Headphones - Pink Reviews

Maxell Jelleez EB-PK In-Ear only Headphones - Pink

+$6.95 shipping Sears

Maxell Jelleez Stereo Ear Buds; Inexpensive with Good Sound but, One Problem

Oct 13, 2009

Pros:good sound. soft cable that doesn't twist up easily

Cons:one size ear-port end only. If it fits, it fits, if not...

The Bottom Line: Maxell Jelleez ear bud type head phones are a good value with both good quality sound and  fine construction but the one size-fits-all may not fit you.

I purchased the Maxell Stereo Jelleez ear bud style stereo headphones and I'm am happy with them. They are a fine value at just ten bucks.

I have a four/five year old 60GB iPod that has done me well. I have since gone through about four sets of headsets. My favorite were Bose Ear bud headphones that sounded great, lasted for years and cost way too much money at $100.

My last ear bud headsets that were much less expensive were down to one ear only as no sound was coming out of the second bud at all. I needed a new set. I happened to be out of town when I needed to get a new set. As we were having fast food in a McDs I spied a CVS drug store. I walked in with a twenty dollar bill, purchased the earbuds that seemed right for me and received most of ten dollars back. Now, what would the sound be like, and how well would they fit?

Jelleez by Maxell Ear Buds

I opened the small, smart looking packaging that was fit for the security of England's Crown Jewels. The particular Maxell earbud headset I purchased were in the colour black. There happened to be many choices on the rack in the CVS where I purchased them.

These have a very 3' pliable cord with the usual chrome/nickel adapter that fits most Mp3 products. It easily slid right into the port of my iPod. The other end, well ends were a bit different. The bud parts were of one size. These don't have adapters for different sized ear canal openings. When I went to use them, I found they wouldn't stay in perfectly. They tended to drop out from time to time. Fortunately for me, I rarely use them when I am mobile. On the road I use them when trying to sleep while my wife drives. I also use my iPod when going to sleep at night. I watch a movie and in such situations, I don't have a problem with the Maxell Jelleez earbud headphones. There are also times when, for convenience sake I plug them into my laptop when sitting at my desk.

The sound that comes through these earbuds are terrific to me. Honestly though, I have bad ears so I may not be the very best of judging the sound quality. That said, these ear buds allow me to hear very distinct sounds in both ears due to the stereo features of mp players. Listening to Sgt. Pepper album and such is amazing. I also listen to books through these ear buds and all is very well. It's when I watch a movie that the sound is the best. I may be looking at a small screen but I get huge movie-house sound!

pops Summing It Up

These ear buds as the Jelleez name implies are soft and don't have hard points that may irritate the ear canal opening. Unfortunately it's a one size deal only. The 3' length is perfect and the sound quality very good for an inexpensive ear bud type headphone that I paid 10 bucks for.

Though I am happy enough with the Maxell Jelleez headset I can't recommend them because in all likely hood, size could be a factor. My sedentary use makes them OK for me. If you are on the move, perhaps they won't work.

Browse our Store | Ask a Question | Return Policy | Promotions | About Us Product Description Specification Payment Shipping Returns Maxell Earphone -...
Maxell Jelleez - Headphones - ear-bud - pink
Maxell Jelleez Binaural Earphone - Stereo - Pink - Mini-phone - Wired - 32 Ohm - 20 Hz 22 kHz - Nickel Plated - Earbud - Binaural - Open - 3 ft Cable
Welcome to Our ebay store... Shop categories Shop Pages Product Information MAXELL-HEADPHONES 190526 JELLEEZ STEREO EARBUDS PINK Item#: 809534 Brand: ...
About Us FAQ Contact Us Maxell 190526 3.5mm Connector Earbud Jelleez Ear Buds Pink IMPORTANT : Limit 5 per customer! Orders that exceed listed availab...