Maxell NC-II Headband Headphones - Silver/Black Reviews

Maxell NC-II Headband Headphones - Silver/Black

Great headphones, but not comparable to high end models

Jun 5, 2005

Pros:Maxell's unit costs less and still are effective for those on a lower budget.

Cons:Lower quality noise reduction may not be as attractive to those seeking high end headphones.

The Bottom Line: I recommend this to anyone that would like less noise and more music. I also recommend it as a back up for a more expensive set.

ears. They look and feel solid too. These headphones easily fold for storage. Using a pouch supplied with the headset helps making cord and N.C. on/off slider safer when carrying it around. Noise canceling is good for low pitch noise. I haven’t flown in them, but I've worn them in noisy places and they did work well enough blocking much noise keeping the sound clear. Maxell NC-2's aren’t effective as other brands, but suits my needs and saved me money. The Bose costs $299.99 while the Maxell costs me $34.

The headphones do come with a good cord, but it hard to wrap it around the headphones while folded. Also the noise canceling controller is large and is about half way down the cord. The N.C. controller requires 2 AAA batteries that are not included. The life of the AAA's is advertised at 50 hours, and I think that they live up to it. The N.C. component turned on gives an artificial boost in bass. This can help the unit to cancel some low pitched noises. The ear cups have plush cushions that seal in your music and block some noise passively. The N.C. component it self just doesn't seem to be as effective as some high end sets in actual acoustic noise canceling. Other units do a better job at matching frequencies of the noises effectively then actively canceling the noise out. The Bose I tried did a much better job at this.

Over all these are good affordable headphones that reduce many distractions

Maxell NCII Noise Cancelling Headphon Collapsible & compact, drawstring travel pouch, dual-prong in-flight adapter - New Item.