Maxi-Cosi Mico-Steel Grey Infant Car Seat Reviews

Maxi-Cosi Mico-Steel Grey Infant Car Seat

Maxi-cosi, not the best of the best

Apr 16, 2012
  • User Rating: Very Good

Pros:lightweight, 5-point harness, foam in the sides, many colors to choose from

Cons:the sun canopy is considerably to small and the button release would get stuck sometimes

The Bottom Line: Opt for a different brand with more cons.  You may have to spend a bit more, but who's to put a price on what's best for your baby.

I bought this car seat for my newborn simply because it was compatible with a stroller I was considering.  At first I completely adored the car seat but there were some aspects of it that became a hassel.  I find that the sun canopy hardly gives enough coverage which causes my baby to fuss if the sun is in her eyes and doesn't protect her from harmful UV rays.  Also the button release got stuck a couple times which was a real hassel when I was on the run.  I am also worried for when my baby gets bigger because the harness is smaller than most other car seats.  However, the car seat is a reasonable price and is lightweight which was a must given my small frame.  I love that the car seat has a 5-point harness and foam on the side to protect the baby, these all stuck out to me because safety is a must. The foam in the sides is extremely helpful because it protects as well as positions the baby comfortably which is important for newborns who can't support their neck well. I also did like that the maxi-cosi had so many different colors to offer, there's a color to suit the fashion-likes of any parent-to-be.  I would probably pass on buying a maxi-cosi car seat and I would look out for one that offers the pros of the maxi-cosi without so many cons.

Age Range of Child: 0 to 12 Months

This is a brand new in the box Maxi-Cosi Mico Lightweight Infant Car Seat W/ CAR BASE. The Maxi-Cosi Infant Car Seat is a reliable car seat for parent...