Maybelline Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist 24 Hr Finish 6 fl oz Reviews

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector ~ Does it Work?

Nov 16, 2012

Pros:Adds visible shine and smoothness, protects, flat iron glides over hair, locks in style

Cons:None noted

The Bottom Line: Protects from heat.  Flat iron glides smoothly over hair.  Adds shine and smoothness.  Locks in staight or curly styles.

I use a flat iron nearly every day, and I need something to help protect my fine, color-treated hair from the heat.  This looked like it might be the ticket for me.

~ Product Description

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist tells us on the bottle that, “this powerful straightening mist with argan oil from Morocco helps protect your hair from the heat of your flat iron, while sealing in smoothness and shine for a last, sleek finish.”  Garnier also says this frizz-taming, and provides 48 hour straight finish.

This comes in a 6 fl. oz. plastic bottle with a pump top.  Look for Garnier’s signature green and orange packaging.

To use, lightly mist product over 2-inch wide sections of DRY hair.  Immediately pass the flat iron over each section, moving from roots to ends.

This is easy to find in most retailers and drug stores, as well as online, for about $3.50.

~ Ingredients

lcohol Denat. , Water , VA/Crotonates/Vinyl Neodecanoate Copolymer , PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil , Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil , Aminomethyl Propanol , Xylose , Dimethicone PEG 7 Phosphate , Limonene , Linalool , Propylene Glycol , Fragrance , Hexyl Cinnamal , Amyl Cinnamal , F.I.L. D47329/1.

~ My Experience

First of all, my just below shoulder length hair is naturally straight, fine and thin, with dry ends from processing but oily at the roots.  My hair tends to be limp and easily weighed down.  I have flyaways, and when I wear my hair straight I do like a sleek and smooth look.

I blow dry my hair after shampooing and then use the flat iron, either to smooth it straight or sometimes add curls at the ends by turning the flat iron.  Since my hair is processed, the ends are dry and brittle, and I definitely need protection from the heat of the flat iron.  I section off my hair, sprtiz with Garnier Sleek & Shine Mist, and then immediately run the flat iron over that section.

This product is a thin liquid that spritzes from the pump with no problems.  It’s a medium mist, not superfine, but it doesn’t come out in glops either.  It’s pretty easy to mist evenly, but just be careful to mist very lightly.  It has a faint, fresh scent, but it evaporates quickly and isn’t very noticeable.

Whether I’m going for a pin straight style, or a more wavy style with curls at the ends, this stuff does a GREAT job of protecting and smoothing my hair.  The flat iron glides extremely smoothly over my hair, with a noticeable difference over when I do not use Garnier Sleek & Shine Mist.  I mean it’s like almost slick the way the iron slides over my hair when I mist it first.  Yet, it doesn’t leave my hair greasy or gummy, but rather my hair feels clean, super smooth, and soft to the touch.  This is does not make my hair crunchy or stiff in any way.  It adds shine as well.  This does a good job of taming flyaways.

If I’ve misted maybe a little heavier around the ends, when I run the flat iron over that area I might get a little sizzle as the product evaporates, but this doesn’t affect the results and isn’t harming my hair.  I really feel this protects my hair from the heat.

It seems that my straight style stays straighter longer, and my curly style will stay curlier longer.  I can see noticeable shine and smoothness after using this.  Now if I go out in the rain, or high humidity (which really kills my hair style), my flat style might get a little bumpy or my curls will droop, but all in all this seems to lock in my style better than almost any product I’ve tried.

~ Final Thoughts

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist really protects my fine hair from heat, and adds visible shine and smoothness to my hair.  It is lightweight, never weighs down my hair, and locks in style, whether straight or curly.  I love this stuff!

Garnier Fructis Color Shield Conditioner, 13 oz

Garnier Fructis Color Shield Conditioner, 13 oz

Garnier Fructis Color Shield system with UV protectant helps provide lasting color and brilliant shine to color-treated hair. It penetrates inside the...

Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Finishing Paste

Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Finishing Paste

Find hair styling products at Target.com! Give your hair the strength to shine with garnier fructis pure clean finishing paste. Garnier finishing past...

GarnierŽ Fructis StyleŽ Pure Clean Styling Gel - 6.8 Fl Oz

GarnierŽ Fructis StyleŽ Pure Clean Styling Gel - 6.8 Fl Oz

Fructis StyleŽ Pure Clean Styling Gel - 6.8 fl oz **We do combine shipping, buy more save more. Keep your hair in place without weight, stickiness or ...

Garnier Fructis Dry Scalp Lot Of 4 Bottles

Garnier Fructis Dry Scalp Lot Of 4 Bottles

GARNIER FRUCTIS DRY SCALP PYRITHIONE ZINC ANTI-DANDRUFF SHAMPOO PURIFIES FORTIFIES DRY SCALP NATURAL EXTRACTS B-VITAMINS MOISTURIZES RELIEVES SCALP IT...

Garnier Fructis Style Disorder Power Wax Spray for Men, 6 oz

Garnier Fructis Style Disorder Power Wax Spray for Men, 6 oz

Disorder your style for a messy textured look with Garnier Fructis Style Disorder Power Wax Spray for Men. This unique wax hair spray gives a messy, t...

Garnier Fructis Fortifying Shampoo 8.5 oz

Garnier Fructis Fortifying Shampoo 8.5 oz

Garnier Fructis Fortifying Shampoo 8.5 oz - Experts say that Garnier Fructis Fortifying Daily Care is comparable in every way to more expensive shampo...
DiscontinuedBeauty
Garnier Fructis Style Curl Sculpting Cream Gel - Extra Strong Hold - 5 oz

Garnier Fructis Style Curl Sculpting Cream Gel - Extra Strong Hold - 5 oz

Find hair styling products at Target.com! Garnier fructis style curl sculpting cream gel - extra strong hold - 5 oz

4-garnier Fructis Super Stiff Gel Ultra Strong

4-garnier Fructis Super Stiff Gel Ultra Strong

BRAND NEW GARNIER FRUCTIS SUPER STIFF GEL ULTRA STRONG LOT OF 4 EACH CONTAINING 6.8OZ PLEASE EMAIL WITH ANY QUESTIONS!!!

Garnier Fructis Style Curl Shaping Spray Gel - Strong Hold - 8.5 fl oz

Garnier Fructis Style Curl Shaping Spray Gel - Strong Hold - 8.5 fl oz

Find hair styling products at Target.com! Garnier fructis style curl shaping spray gel - strong hold - 8.5 fl oz

Garnier Fructis Style Sky-Hi Volume Mousse, 6.4 oz

Garnier Fructis Style Sky-Hi Volume Mousse, 6.4 oz

Get volume that reaches the sky! Garnier Fructis Style Sky-Hi Volume Mousse, with cotton flower, gives your hair the highest-reaching volume and 24-ho...