Maybelline Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist 24 Hr Finish 6 fl oz Reviews

1 consumer review

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector ~ Does it Work?

Nov 16, 2012

Pros:Adds visible shine and smoothness, protects, flat iron glides over hair, locks in style

Cons:None noted

The Bottom Line: Protects from heat.  Flat iron glides smoothly over hair.  Adds shine and smoothness.  Locks in staight or curly styles.

I use a flat iron nearly every day, and I need something to help protect my fine, color-treated hair from the heat.  This looked like it might be the ticket for me.

~ Product Description

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist tells us on the bottle that, “this powerful straightening mist with argan oil from Morocco helps protect your hair from the heat of your flat iron, while sealing in smoothness and shine for a last, sleek finish.”  Garnier also says this frizz-taming, and provides 48 hour straight finish.

This comes in a 6 fl. oz. plastic bottle with a pump top.  Look for Garnier’s signature green and orange packaging.

To use, lightly mist product over 2-inch wide sections of DRY hair.  Immediately pass the flat iron over each section, moving from roots to ends.

This is easy to find in most retailers and drug stores, as well as online, for about $3.50.

~ Ingredients

lcohol Denat. , Water , VA/Crotonates/Vinyl Neodecanoate Copolymer , PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil , Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil , Aminomethyl Propanol , Xylose , Dimethicone PEG 7 Phosphate , Limonene , Linalool , Propylene Glycol , Fragrance , Hexyl Cinnamal , Amyl Cinnamal , F.I.L. D47329/1.

~ My Experience

First of all, my just below shoulder length hair is naturally straight, fine and thin, with dry ends from processing but oily at the roots.  My hair tends to be limp and easily weighed down.  I have flyaways, and when I wear my hair straight I do like a sleek and smooth look.

I blow dry my hair after shampooing and then use the flat iron, either to smooth it straight or sometimes add curls at the ends by turning the flat iron.  Since my hair is processed, the ends are dry and brittle, and I definitely need protection from the heat of the flat iron.  I section off my hair, sprtiz with Garnier Sleek & Shine Mist, and then immediately run the flat iron over that section.

This product is a thin liquid that spritzes from the pump with no problems.  It’s a medium mist, not superfine, but it doesn’t come out in glops either.  It’s pretty easy to mist evenly, but just be careful to mist very lightly.  It has a faint, fresh scent, but it evaporates quickly and isn’t very noticeable.

Whether I’m going for a pin straight style, or a more wavy style with curls at the ends, this stuff does a GREAT job of protecting and smoothing my hair.  The flat iron glides extremely smoothly over my hair, with a noticeable difference over when I do not use Garnier Sleek & Shine Mist.  I mean it’s like almost slick the way the iron slides over my hair when I mist it first.  Yet, it doesn’t leave my hair greasy or gummy, but rather my hair feels clean, super smooth, and soft to the touch.  This is does not make my hair crunchy or stiff in any way.  It adds shine as well.  This does a good job of taming flyaways.

If I’ve misted maybe a little heavier around the ends, when I run the flat iron over that area I might get a little sizzle as the product evaporates, but this doesn’t affect the results and isn’t harming my hair.  I really feel this protects my hair from the heat.

It seems that my straight style stays straighter longer, and my curly style will stay curlier longer.  I can see noticeable shine and smoothness after using this.  Now if I go out in the rain, or high humidity (which really kills my hair style), my flat style might get a little bumpy or my curls will droop, but all in all this seems to lock in my style better than almost any product I’ve tried.

~ Final Thoughts

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist really protects my fine hair from heat, and adds visible shine and smoothness to my hair.  It is lightweight, never weighs down my hair, and locks in style, whether straight or curly.  I love this stuff!

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek Finish, 5-in-1 Serum Spray, 6 oz

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek Finish, 5-in-1 Serum Spray, 6 oz

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek Finish 5-in-1 Serum Spray gives the benefits of multiple styling products in one easy-to-use spray. Formulated with the sm...

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk - 5.1 fl oz

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk - 5.1 fl oz

Find hair styling products at Target.com! Garnier fructis style sleek & shine anti-humidity smoothing milk - 5.1 fl oz

American Drug Supply Store
Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioning Cream 10.2 fl oz

Frizzy, Dry, Unmanageable Hair new formula 2 argan oil from Morocco and apricot 3 intense smoothing for long-lasting frizz control and shine W...
drugstore.com

Garnier Fructis Style Fiber Gum Putty 5 Oz (Pack of 6)

Garnier Fructis Style Fiber Gum Putty 5 Oz (Pack of 6)

Get more control over your style! Garnier Fructis Style Fiber Gum Putty, with fruit micro-waxes, Lets you create, control, and dream up any style you ...
Pure Health Trends
Garnier Fructis Style Sleek And Shine Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk Strong -- 5.1 fl oz

A new generation of styling milk, with fruit micro-waxes, that seals out humidity and combats frizz to smooth and tame unruly hair without weighing it...
Vitacost.com

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Hair Spray, 8.25 oz

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Hair Spray, 8.25 oz

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek and Anti-Humidity Hair Spray uses a unique formula containing natural bamboo extract to keep your hair beautiful. With an ...

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioning Cream, 10.2 oz

The Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioning Cream will help you control your dry, frizzy hair which can be difficul...

5-garnier Fructis Fortifying Conditioner-sleek & Shine-exp 2015/2016 S240

5-garnier Fructis Fortifying Conditioner-sleek & Shine-exp 2015/2016 S240

GARNIER FRUCTIS FORTIFYING CONDITIONER SLEEK SHINE LOT OF 5 13 FL OZ EACH **FRIZZY, DRY, UNMANAGEABLE HAIR***3 DAY SLEEK *ARGAN OIL FROM MOROCCO 7 APR...

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek and Shine Smoothing Milk, 5.1 fl oz

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek and Shine Smoothing Milk, 5.1 fl oz

Garnier Fructis Style sleek & shine with fruit micro-waxes wraps hair strands with humidity-resistant formulas.

Ads by Google