Miele W 4802 Washing Machine

Circuit Board gone - very unhappy!

Aug 1, 2011
  • User Rating: OK

Pros:Uses very little water to get clothes clean.  Saves on drying cost too.

Cons:Circuit board gone after 18 months.  At least four wks to get part and repairs.

The Bottom Line: Until I find out what caused the circuit board to fail, I cannot reccomend this machine.

We loved our Miele 4802 until we came home after a 10 day out of town trip.  Prior to leaving, our Miele washer worked fine. We live in an area with high water costs, and we noticed a drop in our water bill as soon as we started using the machine. An unexpected benefit was that the machine saved electricity as well.  We noticed that drying times were significantly reduced.  The extra spinning action of the Miele washer did not cause any additional wrinkles in the clothes following drying.  We sanitized the machine monthly as recommended.  Even though we live in an damp area only 5 miles from the ocean, we never had a musty odor in this machine.  We leave the door slightly ajar after unloading.
Prior to leaving on our trip, we unplugged the machine and turned off the water.  Upon our return, we plugged in the machine, turned on the water and attempted to wash our clothes.  After 10 days, we had a lot of laundry!!  The machine turned on but would not fill. We checked the filters on the water lines, and they were clear.  We called the technical support number and managed to put the machine into service mode as instructed, but they could not solve the problem over the phone. We have an extended warranty from our dealer and called for service; the service date was a week away. The service technician determined that it was most likely the circuit board and ordered a new one, which will take another 7-10 business days to arrive.  then we have to schedule another service call.  This is costing us a lot of money at the laundromat, and we are very unhappy.  We are not even sure that a new board will solve he problem since the tech said that it was "most likely" the circuit boad.

Miele White Front Load Washer W3039i

Miele White Front Load Washer W3039i

Miele White Front Load Washer W3039i. Large capacity. Stainless steel Honeycomb wash drum. Advanced Touchtronic Controls. Interior light. 11 wash prog...
AJ Madison