Monster Beats Studio Headphones

Quality For The Masses

Jun 20, 2012

Pros:Worth the Money. Makes decent quality music sound good, makes great quality music sound AMAZING.

Cons:Will make you be a part of the masses.

The Bottom Line: They're great headphone, but audiophiles will still make fun of you.

Audiophiles and normal folk alike have bathed in disgust the past decade or so ever since the MP3 music format gained widespread popularity.

Recurring topics of interest: "What happened to our quality of music?!; MP3s are rubbish!; CDs are hard to find now!; I am NOT paying $1.00 PER MP3 on iTunes!; etc..."

However, since the introduction of the Beats by Dre line of headphones by Dr. Dre and Monster, this decline in our civilization has been somewhat reversed :)

Why? Because these headphones are great, and the masses are finally starting to realize that the same music you blast on your car's crappy stereo as you cruise the freeway at 65 with your windows down is a whole-heck-of-a-lot different than the same song played on a decent set of speakers/headphones in a proper and quiet environment.

Whole new sounds and nuances are discovered, background noise and ambiance are perceivable and endless possibilities present themselves when listening to any type of music on some nice headphones, such as the Beat by Dre (Studio).

It might not be of particular interest to you to be able to estimate the amount of phlem in Lil Wayne's sinus as he rips a raspy cough at the begining of one of his songs, but with headphones like these Dr. Dre beauties, you'll feel like you're in the studio with him and whole new things will pop out at you from songs that you would never even imagine.

These headphones are great, and if you're on this site asking about them, you should probably not even worry about what you read and just go out and buy one. You'll like them.

Sure there's better headphones out there (e.g., even the typical $75 Sony Studio Monitors will equal if not best these Dr. Dre headphones in sound quality when plugged into a proper source--not your laptop of ipad BTW, you need a mixing board or a $20-50 headphone pre-amp to give it enough juice to drive the thing--so don't think for a minute that these are anything special with regards to bass or clarity when you listen to them. Just know that overall, they're pretty darn good and that's enough for me, you, and probably most other people.

Why did I buy these besides the $75 sony headphones I already own? 3 reasons:

1)They're battery powered so you don't need a pre-amp and can plug it straight into your iPhone or Laptop and the batteries will supply the juice to drive the headphones. Batteries last for a long time.

2)They're noise cancelling. This is a lifesaver on a plane, and on my last SwissAir flight, I simply left them turned on but unplugged just to enjoy the noise-cancelling benefits while I slept.

3)They look cool. The Bose and Sony noise cancelling headphones will make you look like a square. These are bright white, shiny black (and a multitude of other colors) and they just look cool and have a similar effect as Apple products-- they're just cool to be around.

That's all I really have to say, and I don't have much negative about the Beats. I listen to Rock and Hip Hop, occasionally some Electronic, and so far they've been great for all! Buy a pair!

We may be stuck with MP3s nowadays, but at least we get to squeeze every last drop of quality out of them and try to enjoy the music as the artist intended. I guess Dr. Dre was right. We've come full circle. Good stuff.

Black Replacement Ear Pad Cushion & Headband For Monster Beats Studio Headphones

Black Replacement Ear Pad cushion Headband for Monster Beats Studio Headphones Product Description Replacement Ear + Headband Cushions for Beats Studi...

Hd Monster Beats By Dr. Dre Studio Headband Headphones - Black -headphones Beats

The original Beats by Dr. Dre High Definition Powered Isolation headphone that took the world by storm. After 25 years, Dr. Dre was tired of spending ...

Monster Beats By Dr. Dre Studio Headphones Replacement Leather Cushion Pad White

Are your headphones getting uncomfortable? does it feel like you got a little pin digging in to the top of your head... here is the solution to that, ...

Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (White)

Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (White)

High-Performance Headphones from One of the Biggest Names in Music People aren’t hearing all the music. Artists and producers work hard in the studi...
Bobbi's Hallmark shop

Replacement Headphone Cable For Dr. Dre Headphones Monster Solo Beats Studio 1.2

LE Replacement Headphone Cable for Dr. Dre Headphones Monster Solo Beats Studio 1.2m FREE SHIPPING IN USA ONLY Right-angle Jack Replacement cable for ...

Monster Beats By Dr. Dre Studio Headphones Replacement Leather Cushion Pad Parts

Monster Beats by Dr. Dre Solo HD On-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) - Refurbished Multi color

Beats Solo HD headphones are a lighter, on-ear version of Studios and compact enough to fit in your purse. Beats Solo HD headphones carry the powerful...

Monster MHBEATSPIOE Beats by Dr. Dre Studio High Definition Headphones(127801)

Monster MHBEATSPIOE Beats by Dr. Dre Studio High Definition Headphones(127801)

Features: High Definition Powered Isolation Headphone Unique 40mm Driver Technology Delivers Unequalled Transient Response Remarkably Natural Sound...
BuyDig.com

White Replacement Headband Cushion Pad For Monster Beats Dre Studio Headphones

White Replacement Headband Cushion Pad For Monster Beats Dre Studio Headphones

White Replacement Headband cushion Pad for Monster Beats Dre Studio Headphones Product Description Replacement Headband Cushion for Beats Studio Headp...

Ads by Google