Iria: Zeiram the Animation - Complete Series

Apr 28, 2002

• Action Factor:
  • Special Effects:
  • Suspense:

Pros:All 6 episodes on one DVD!; Japanese and English audio; 2 hours 42 minutes long

Cons:Expensive ($30 purchased locally); Lack of special features

The Bottom Line: Overall it is a very enjoyable series that you will hopefully come to love like I did.

Plot Details: This opinion reveals minor details about the movie's plot.

Iria: Zeiram The Animation has been one of my favorite anime series for a very long time. I used to watch it early in the mornings on the sci-fi channel when they used to air anime regularly. I saw it at my local video store and had to buy it. Locally, anime costs upwards of $20, this one cost me $30.

The series starts with the introduction of Iria, a newcomer in the field of bounty hunting. She looks up to her brother greatly and always wants to tag along with him. The story takes off pretty fast with the intro fight scene. It gets more and more action packed from there. Many key elements occur throughout the series making things twist and change. The animation and story line of the story are great. I love the action scenes and the characters of the story.

The DVD quality is very good and I enjoy having the choice of using either Japanese audio with English subtitles or just plain English audio. There is a lack of special features, although I'm just glad that they put all 6 Episodes on a single DVD. The special features aren't needed that badly but probably would have been nice.

Viewing Format: DVD
Video Occasion: Fit for Friday Evening
Suitability For Children: Suitable for Children Age 13 and Older

Iria - Zeiram The Animation (vol. 2) [vhs] -tetsuro Amino; -hirosh

Iria - Zeiram The Animation (vol. 2) [vhs] -tetsuro Amino; -hirosh

Episodes three and four find Iria under siege while trying to expose the link between the Tedan Tippedai Corporation and Zeiram. A mystery person has ...