Totally Nude Aerobics

Pretty models, no imagination.

Oct 28, 2002 (Updated Oct 28, 2002)

Pros:Gleeful voyeurism, attractive models, high production quality.

Cons:Terrible lack of imagination.

The Bottom Line: I do recommend it for its unabashed voyeurism, handsome models and good image quality. It's a tastefully done erotic video, with some boring segments.

"Totally Nude Aerobics" left me baffled. Although it's still a highly watchable piece of erotic entertainment, it exhibits a surprising or even frightening lack of creativity.
I am not sure what Ron Harris wanted to achieve. In my opinion the two reasonable ways of approaching the material were:
1. Simply remake one of the classic aerobics workouts (e.g. one of Jane Fonda's tapes) in the nude (personally I think this approach would result in a superb video).
2. Drop all pretenses to "aerobics", name the entire tape "Nude Body in Motion", and concentrate on interesting, almost abstract forms and patterns that the naked bodies make in a few of the segments.

It seems that Ron Harris was trying to find some kind of compromise between the above two choices, and he failed. As is, the video is definitely NOT an aerobics DVD, and on the other hand it is not nearly artsy enough to pass as some kind of "erotic art" material. The only thing that "Totally Nude Aerobics" does completely and thoroughly is exposing the attractive nude bodies in revealing positions. And that's perfectly fine, but much more could have been achieved.

From a workout point of view, the exercises presented in the tape are usually too stylized (since they're designed to showcase the models' bodies) and way too incomplete as a set to be a basis of any realistic regimen. That's also where the lack of creativity (or maybe lack of knowledge about real workouts) shows painfully. The "Squats and Bends" and "Crunches" segments are best examples of unexplained lapses of imagination. "Squats and Bends" is completely mystifying. The three models basically repeat the same motions (squats and deep bends!) for six or seven minutes. Although all their "naughty bits" show up splendidly, the entire segment is very boring. For a moment I thought that Harris' goal was to register sweat patterns developing on the models' bodies during the strenuous exercise, which could be interesting for some, but the soft lighting does not reveal the sweat very well. So what WAS the idea behind the segment? I really don't know. It might be that Ron Harris simply loves seeing female bodies performing this kind of pumping motion and could not resist recording it for six or seven minutes. Unfortunately, I think that the viewers who happen not to share his fixation on this particular type of movement really need more variety!

In "Crunches" one of the two models again repeats the same basic abdominal crunch for 5 or 6 minutes. She looks great, but what a waste! There are at least half a dozen different ways these crunches could be done (and ARE done in any real aerobics tape): she could raise her legs, bend or straighten her knees, cross the ankles, hold the legs wide apart, finally do "bicycles", which look really sexy when done properly. One look at any decent workout tape opens up a world of possibilities for interesting, challenging and revealing poses. Ron Harris just sticks to the same boring motion. Similar remarks apply to the second model doing stylized push-ups and leg raises in this segment. Is this laziness on the director's part or just lack of imagination/knowledge? I guess we'll never know.

The models in the video (five in total if I'm not mistaken) are pretty, fit, flexible and healthy looking girls in their mid-twenties. All of them (with perhaps one exception, but I'm not sure) seem to have natural breasts. They have nice, trim and slender but feminine bodies (no muscular "miss fitness" look there). All of them obviously have experience in aerobics, so they look competent in the exercises (even in the silly moves). Also all of them wear way too heavy, dreadful make-up (another big mistake), and at least two of them (blondes) have a VERY bad hair day (the "Medusa hair" look).

My favorite segments are "Body Movement" and "Leg Raises", both done by the same model. She's gorgeous (if one overlooks the terrible make-up) and there is more of the much needed variety in her exercises. Unfortunately, as soon as she works up some sweat, both segments end abruptly (they are shorter than the boring "Squats and Bends" and "Crunches" segments) - an absolutely puzzling editing decision.

Despite all of the criticism above, I rate the video four stars, for its unabashed voyeurism, pretty models and very good production quality. Even with the imagination severely lacking, it's still a solid, tasteful erotic video and a really good aphrodisiac. However, I feel that from a creative point of view it is a painfully wasted opportunity: in my opinion Ron Harris did not realize even a quarter of the potential that his models and the entire (very clever) production setup provided. If there is a next time, I suggest simply remaking "Jane Fonda's New Workout" (the advanced part) with nude models. All the necessary variety and revealing positions that Ron Harris (and obviously the target audience) seems to like so much are already there. Just let the girls do it, remembering to "make it burn" and to "keep those toes pointed". It would be a sure winner!

Viewing Format: DVD
Suitability For Children: Not suitable for Children of any age

CafePress Aerobics In America Dark T-Shirt

CafePress Aerobics In America Dark T-Shirt

Dark T-shirt100% preshrunk cotton, Charcoal Grey is 50% cotton/50% polyesterCrew NecklineStandard FitMachine Wash Cold

Women's Grey Heather Aerobics Geo Tank - M

Women's Grey Heather Aerobics Geo Tank - M

Aerobics is all about having fun with your fitness, so dress to match! This effortless Geo Tank is loose, cropped and moisture-wicking for an updated ...

GRAPECSM6 Wine Aerobics Clever Saying Magnet

GRAPECSM6 Wine Aerobics Clever Saying Magnet

Grape Memories GRAPECSM6 Wine Aerobics Clever Saying Magnet
Purple Swimsuit Long Coverup Zipper Dress Water Aerobics Womens 1x 22/24w

Purple Swimsuit Long Coverup Zipper Dress Water Aerobics Womens 1x 22/24w

NEW Womens Plus Sz 1x 22w 24w Purple Swimsuit Long Coverup Zipper Water Aerobics mouseover to enlarge Up for your consideration a New in package Style...

CafePress WATER AEROBICS Women's Light T-Shirt

CafePress WATER AEROBICS Women's Light T-Shirt

Women's T-Shirt100% cotton5.6 ozStandard FitTagless Crewneck CollarMachine Wash Cold

Women's Grey Heather Aerobics Geo Tank - L

Women's Grey Heather Aerobics Geo Tank - S

Women's Grey Heather Aerobics Geo Tank - S

Bio-crystals T-shirt Reduction Sports Gym Aerobics Yoga Shapewear Blouse 13037

Bio-crystals T-shirt Reduction Sports Gym Aerobics Yoga Shapewear Blouse 13037

BIO-CRYSTALS T-SHIRT REDUCTION SPORTS GYM AEROBICS YOGA SHAPEWEAR BLOUSE 13037 Seamless squared neck Bio-crystals T-shirt Control Seamless manufacture...