Play-Mate of the Apes

Misty Mundae, Darian Caine & Debbie Rochon in Playmate Of The Apes.

Apr 26, 2002 (Updated Oct 18, 2002)

• Action Factor:
  • Special Effects:
  • Suspense:

Pros:Jokes, Comedy, Parody, Lesbianism, Babes, Bacchus, Lots.

Cons:One or two lesbians scenes may be too lengthy.

The Bottom Line: Seduction Cinema's Play-Mate Of The Apes is John Bacchus' masterpiece so far! It's virtually perfect!

Plot Details: This opinion reveals major details about the movie's plot.

All right! Now this is it! This is the reason I sift through so much low budget crap, eventually you find a real gem in them.

Play-Mate Of The Apes has got to be hands down the best Seduction Cinema release I have ever seen so far.

I initially became a fan of Seduction Cinema films after seeing the hilarious parody of Survivor called 'Erotic Survivor'. Unfortunately in most of the films the satirical laughs were few and far between...until now!

All I can say is director John Bacchus is a God! He's almost gotten this Seduction Cinema formula down to perfect. In previous Seduction Cinema reviews I have constantly complained about the timing of the plentiful lesbian sex scenes in their films. While I know that is their main attraction for most fans, they took away too much from the hilarious spoofiness of each film. Films like Gladiator Eroticus and Mummy Raider had so many lengthy thrown in lesbian scenes, I would tune out after the first few. Not in Playmate Of The Apes. In the initial beginning scene within virtually ten seconds a big lesbian scene starts up between these two Russian and American astronauts, however it helped the plot! During their sexual escapade one of them accidentally touches the 'Do Not Touch This Button' button and their ship goes careening towards a planet.

Unluckily for these three lovely astronauts, apes rule the planet and enslave them. Apes believe that humans have no 'soul' because they can't dance well to disco like apes...therefore they are inferior.

All but one Ape, Dr. Cornholeous (Debbie Rochon) disregard humans as animals. However through Dr. Cornholeous' efforts, serious doubts are raised.

The rest of the story follows quite closely to that of Planet Of The Apes. Eventually the humans escape and run like the wind away from these pesky apes. Practically dying of thirst, they stop off at this lemonade stand. Darian Caine (oh so short and such a cutie in this film, I just wanted to hug the little thing) and Gaylor (played by Misty Mundae) have a verbal exchange that has easily become one of my favorite funny scenes in Seduction Cinema films. That isn't the only scene either! The ending is not to be missed. I loved it when Gaylor bids adios to the guy that 'kinda freaks her out'. I howled and howled. I even rewound the whole scene to see it again! Heck, I'm used to fast forwarding through the millions of lesbian scenes in Seduction Cinema releases, not rewinding them! Wow!

Speaking of the lesbian scenes, Mr. Bacchus has it down! They were more erotic and about the perfect time limit. Most of the time I tune out after a few minutes and come back to the movie when these types of scenes start. It wasn’t so for virtually all of these scenes this time. However, I do recall one (and only one) instance when I started glancing at the score for the Toronto Maple Leafs Vs New York Islanders playoff game. Still, a huge leap to providing great accessibility to those of us that watch Seduction Cinema for their parody and story as opposed to just straight (erm, can I call a lesbian film 'straight'?) sex.

The budget for this film must have been incredulous for Seduction Cinema. All those ape costumes, some computer effects, astronaut suits and the like couldn't have been cheap for a film company that appears to barely have any budget at all for their movies. Sure, most of the ape costumes were rentals from a Halloween shop, but they were good anyhow, and heck, wasn't Dr. Cornholeous' mask cool?

Misty Mundae outright steals this film from everyone. She's at her funniest and is still sexy to boot. Nobody delivers great one-liners better than she does. Darian Caine who I've mainly seen in sexy 'baddie' or 'slutty' roles (ah the sweet dominatrix) is so cute as the mute little human. I suppose I had typecast her in my previous statement but no longer, I want the Darian Caine 'Playmate Of The Apes' plush cuddle toy that should come out. Debbie Rochon as Dr. Cornholeous is yet another great role by one of my favorite actresses. There wasn't a moment in the film that Debbie wasn't great.

Please, if you are going to see only one Seduction Cinema film EVER, see this film, holy cow! Fans of the classic Slave Girls From Beyond Infinity rejoice! There's another hilarious space babe film out now!

Websites Of Interest

Stream Play-Mate Of The Apes at Movieflix.com (must be a member) http://www.movieflix.com/movie_info.mfx?movie_id=2415

Seduction Cinema's Site

Video Occasion: Good for Groups
Suitability For Children: Not suitable for Children of any age

Sun-Mate 70 Piece Military Play Set

Sun-Mate 70 Piece Military Play Set

Complete play sets that provide everything needed to create different magnificent settings. Play sets will provide hours of play. Top quality sets wit...
Boscovs.com

6 Happy Nappers Jay At Play Cream Tan Brown Ape Monkey Lovey Plush Soft

6 Happy Nappers Jay At Play Cream Tan Brown Ape Monkey Lovey Plush Soft

YOU ARE LOOKING AT new without tags CONDITION : 6 happy nappers jay at play cream tan brown ape monkey lovey plush soft cute new NO RIPS OR STAINS SO ...

Sun-Mate 130 Piece Fire Fighter Rescue Play Set

Sun-Mate 130 Piece Fire Fighter Rescue Play Set

Boscovs.com

APE 40 Capsules
the Vitamin Shoppe

Planet of the Apes Ape Soldier Pop! Vinyl Figure

Planet of the Apes Ape Soldier Pop! Vinyl Figure

An Ape Soldier from Planet of the Apes as a Pop! Vinyl figure! Measures 3 3/4-inches tall. Features the same yellow gun from the first Planet of the A...
EntertainmentEarth.com

Go Ape! Card Game-

Go Ape! Card Game-

Why Go Fish when you can Go Ape? This game adds a hilarious twist to the traditional game of Go Fish.

Patch Products Go Ape! Game (Go Ape!)

Patch Products Go Ape! Game (Go Ape!)

This Patch Products Go Ape! Game game adds a hilarious twist to the traditional game of Go Fish. Instead of asking other players for a card, you'll ac...
Overstock.com

Planet Of The Apes: Ape Commander 6.5 Action Figure 2001 Movie

Planet Of The Apes: Ape Commander 6.5 Action Figure 2001 Movie

PLANET OF THE APES: 2001 MOVIE APE COMMANDER 6.5 ACTION FIGURE PLANET OF THE APES: 2001 MOVIE APE COMMANDER 6.5 ACTION FIGURE Item is new on card neve...

APE 80 Capsules