The Day After I Saw This

Oct 22, 2004

Pros:Special effects, environmentalist friendly (has a message.)

Cons:Too much happening all at once. Made my head spin. Environmentalist friendly.

The Bottom Line: Its entertaining and hey, isn't that what movies are supposed to be? Don't look for DEEP plot though.

I'm not going to bog you down with actor’s names and the impact they have in movies like this. Maybe once in a blue moon (two full moons in one month if you really needed to know) does a super performance come out of movies like these?

The problem is that too much is happening and too many characters are introduced (ones you know stand a pretty good chance of being messed up really bad or simply left somewhere to die while drinking themselves into oblivion) for us to really get a chance to know them.

Disaster movies do a stand up job of 'trying' to get us to like these poor chaps with just the right touch of back up story, but why does it always have to be a bunch of workaholics who now, FINALLY decide to spend time with their families right before the world comes to an end?

I liked this movie, but for some sick reason I like all natural disaster movies. (I'm going to rent '10.5' next week. That’s got to tell you something!) The awe inspiring image of ocean swells fifty stories high sweeping in across the Statue of Liberty and lower New York harbor was breathtaking. It was spine tingling to see a 'hurricane eye wall' that brought instant -150 degree temperatures to everything within it.

There was a lot of panic in this movie and how outrageous of them to portray the Vice President as a strictly money interested, corporate, big shot head case? My money is that he's a Republican.

Anyway, the movie does try to build story within the special effects and preachy environmental messages. If you can stomach those two things and you love seeing American cities destroyed on the big screen, this movie might leave you smiling. If you want something that feels good and leaves you thinking about plausible things, skip it and see Texas Chainsaw Massacre.