My 4-year-old and 1-year-old sons loved "Robots"!

Mar 29, 2005

Pros:Great family movie!

Cons:NONE!

The Bottom Line: "Robots" is a great movie with a lot of characters. Highly recommended for families with small children. They will love those robots very much!

My old son turned 4 years old on 3/18/05. My husband and I wanted to do something special for him on his birthday weekend. We thought really hard what our son would like to do. We finally decide to take kids (4-year-old and 1-year-old) to see the movie "Robots" since 4-year-old son has been watching TV commercial of "Robots" and gets excited every time it comes on TV.

Let me remind you about our kids first. They are very active boys who love to chase each other, especially my 4-year-old doesn't like to stay with me when we go shopping. So, we usually don't take our kids to see movies at movie theaters. This time was, however, a special present for the oldest son as his birthday present, we HAD TO take them to see movie at the movie theater...

In fact, since there were a lot of auctions in "Robots", my kids watched most of movie quietly! It was amazing!! CG was amazing, too. I loved everything about the movie. How they made "Robots world" to be like human world was impressive. One of my favorite part was that they buy parts to build new babies. The way they put parts together to make babies sounds like human giving a birth. It was really funny! It is really cleaver idea to make robots upgrade their body parts as they become older. (Young child replace small parts for bigger parts as they grow.)

Ewan McGregor who is a voice of main character, Rodney, is my favorite actor. He is doing great job in this movie. Robin Williams is doing Rodney's new best friend's voice, and he is very funny. My son learned that fart joke from this movie...

This is the "must-see" yet "must-own" movie for any families. If you are worried about taking small children to see a movie at a movie theater, you should take them to see "Robots". I am sure they will love this movie a lot! (I also suggest you to go see any movie before 6:00pm on weekdays, preferably. We went to see "Robots" around 4:00pm on Sunday. There weren't many people there and movie tickets were cheaper!)

We are definitely buying "Robots" on DVD when it comes out.