Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous

Aug 30, 2005
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• Action Factor:
  • Suspense:

Pros:I bought it used and didn't pay full price.

Cons:This movie stunk. Don't waste your time.

The Bottom Line: DVD makes a good coaster so you don't get those unsightly drink rings on your coffee table.

Plot Details: This opinion reveals no details about the movie's plot.

I loved Miss Congeniality and have seen it a whole lot of times. So when a sequel came out, I wanted to see it. I mean, occasionally there is a decent movie sequel. Take Toy Story II for instance. I didn't have the money to see it when it came out in theaters so I ended up buying Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous used from a video rental place.

Boy am I glad I didn't see it in the theaters. The only thing I feel bad about now is the wasted space this DVD takes up in my collection.

I thought Sandra Bullock was great in the original movie. She was funny, and she seemed to fit the part like a glove. However, I should have realized that since I didn't like any other film that she was in that perhaps I wouldn't like this sequel film. But I didn't even think about it.

I should have turned off the movie after the first few minutes when I realized that Benjamin Bratt's role as Gracie's (Bullock) partner, Agent Matthews, wasn't included here. After the whole first movie of their tension between each other and finally getting together in the end, Agent Matthews drops Gracie without a reason or explanation. This part really bugged me, it seemed to say that the whole funny first movie didn't matter- this was a whole new movie, and Gracie didn't need a boyfriend apparently.

I did like that William Shatner (the pageant host), and the lady that played Sheryl Frasier (aka Miss United States) were in the movie. However, they had very few lines and they were terribly unfunny.

In fact, everyone was unfunny in this movie. Even Bullock's character was flat and unamusing. Of course, Bullock sounds the same in every single movie she is in: same slightly yelling-sounding tone of voice. She reminds me of Julia Roberts- the character may have a different name, but it is merely Julia in a different hair color doing the single lame character she knows how to play.

If you want to get the idea of what this movie is like, find a site online that has the trailer. It has every funny joke in the entire movie, so you can see the good parts without wasting any money or two precious hours of your life.

Viewing Format: DVD
Video Occasion: None of the Above
Suitability For Children: Suitable for Children Age 9 - 12

CafePress Miss Congeniality Bowling Women's Cap Sleeve T-Shi

CafePress Miss Congeniality Bowling Women's Cap Sleeve T-Shi

Women's Cap Sleeve T-Shirt6.1 oz 100% combed ring-spun cotton 1x1 ribJunior's sizing; Size up for women's fitContoured shape, side seamed for close fi...
CafePress.com

CafePress Miss Congeniality Bowling Yellow T-Shirt

CafePress Miss Congeniality Bowling Yellow T-Shirt

Classic T-Shirt6.1 oz. 100% cottonTagless t-shirt by HanesStandard fitMachine wash cold
CafePress.com