Comments on Valiant - An Animated World War II Movie" (4 total)
  Comment Sorted by
Date Written
Re: To Be Honest
by dragonfire88, dragonfire88 is an Advisor on Epinions in Movies
I understand what you mean. Something about the idea of a war moving being animated and aimed at kids doesn't seem right to me either. When I first saw about the movie, I didn't know what it was about and figured I'd see it. Once I found out it was a war movie I really debated about seeing it.

I really don't like war movies either..don't like war and something about using something so horrible for entertainment doesn't seem right to me. My mom just doesn't seem to understand why I don't like war movies. It isn't that there is violence..it's that they are about war.

9:15 pm PDT

Re: I've never
by dragonfire88, dragonfire88 is an Advisor on Epinions in Movies
No you haven't missed too much. It wasn't anything special. I've always liked animated movies, but it seems like many put out lately are not so good. And an animated movie about a war - even if the main characters are animals - just seems odd to me.
9:06 pm PDT

To Be Honest
by Granniemose
while I like your review - I always like them - I don't like the idea of this movie.

Maybe it's my age, but cartoons to me should be funny - and there was nothing cute or funny about World War II. There was valor, and heart break - and occasionally a dark humor that struggled to make light of a situation - but it wasn't something that should be used as entertainment for kids. Of course,that's just me. Perhaps others see it differently, but I confess that I hate war - any war.

Virginia

Virginia
2:26 pm PDT

I've never
by millinocket, millinocket is a Lead on Epinions in Movies
even heard of this one. Sounds like I'm not missing much. I think I OD'd on animation when the kids were little - now I only go out of my way to see one if it sounds very, very good. Looks like this one doesn't qualify.....;)

Sue