Nike Air Jordan 6 Retro Basketball Shoes for Men

Reach New Heights With Nike Air Jordan Sneakers!

Mar 1, 2012

Pros:Supportive high tops, comfortable, quality materials.

Cons:Very expensive.

The Bottom Line: There are also other models of Air Jordan Sneakers...find the pair that suit your tastes!

I have three wonderful young children that all love sports.  Each season they look forward to playing the sport of the season - especially since their dad is usually the coach (for at least one of them).  Last season, I coached my son's basketball team.  I wanted to on the court in style, so I took a trip to my local Sports Authority Store to pick up some basketball sneakers.

For me, buying sneakers is a big ordeal.  For some reason, sizes listed on the box never seem to be quite right.  For instance, I wear a size 12 wide shoe size for most of my shoes.  Yet, when I tried a sized 12 wide sneakers from Adidas, I find they ran a bit tight and felt a bit clunky.  I tried various other shoes, including some of the other retro "Air Jordan" shoes that were on display.

I absolutely fell in love with the Air Jordan 6 sneakers that were both comfortable, available in my size, and looked cool.  I tried wearing them around in the store and they felt so good!  Unfortunately, they were way out of my price range.  I asked the salesman if they ever went on sale and he told me they would be on sale the next week.  The store manager was able to give me the sales price that day (it always pays to ask!).  I scored the sneakers for $104.

I wore the new sneakers around for several days and tried exercising with them.  My feet felt well supported, cushioned and very comfortable.  I like the high tops that also protect my ankles (the main reason for my getting the sneakers in the first place).  I especially like the rounded toes on the sneakers vs. pointed toes.  This allowed my toes to spread apart within the shoe, giving me a bit more room.  When basketball season started, I wore the sneakers on the court and I received compliments from my fellow coaches and players.

I must say, as good as the sneakers are, they did not help increase my ability to play basketball as some of the ads claim.  I am a pretty good player, for an older guy, but I was not able to jump higher or run faster.  There is a lot more to being Michael Jordan then wearing the same sneakers he wore!

The sneakers are well built, they are modelled after the sixth generation of sneakers worn by basketball great Michael Jordan sometime in the early 1990's.  They are pretty much all black and white with some red accents.  The soles are made of rubber and the uppers are made of real leather.  The sneakers have good quality laces that when tied keep the sneakers firmly on my feet.

I would highly recommend these sneakers to anyone who wishes to play basketball.   I especially like the high tops, that provide more ankle support for such a physically demanding game on my feet.  If the pros use these sneakers, then they have to be pretty darn good!  Thanks for reading my review and best wishes for a nice day!

Mike

Air Jordan 14 Retro Men's Shoe, by Nike Size 9.5 (Grey)

Air Jordan 14 Retro Men's Shoe, by Nike Size 9.5 (Grey)

ICONIC SINCE '98 The Air Jordan 14 Retro Men's Shoe Combines Class and Comfort With a Premium Look and Nike Air Cushioning. Benefits Full-Grain Leathe...
Nike.com

Air Jordan Flight Remix 679680 070 Men Sz 7.5 - 13 Retro 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Air Jordan Flight Remix 679680 070 Men Sz 7.5 - 13 Retro 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

We use Global Shipping program by eBay for all international shipping.NIKE AIR JORDAN

Air Jordan 5 V Retro Grape 2013 Cement 3 Fire Grapes 4 Iv 11 Xi Concord 13 Bred

Air Jordan 5 V Retro Grape 2013 Cement 3 Fire Grapes 4 Iv 11 Xi Concord 13 Bred

Item: Nike Air Jordan V 5 Grape 2013 Condition: DS Color: White / Grape Style Code:136027-108 Size: LISTED ABOVE (Size 3.5-7 IS GS SIZE)Comes With: Or...