-10%

Nike Air Pegasus+ 28 Running Shoes for Men

+$7.99 shipping Lady Foot Locker
Free Shipping Lady Foot Locker

A Runner's Take

Mar 29, 2012 (Updated Apr 2, 2012)

Pros:Good looking, light, good arch support, Nike+

Cons:Not the cheapest shoe, but not overly expensive. Laces could be 2-3 inches longer.

The Bottom Line: A great moderately priced runner that is Nike Plus compatible. Good for those looking for high arch support.

I have been an avid runner for the past 3 years or so, currently running about 15-20 miles per week. I have been training for a 10 mile coming up in May, and have done the majority of my training with the AIR Pegasus+ running shoes.

Let's start with the not so obvious  +sign at the end of the shoe name.  This tells you the shoe is a Nike+ shoe. Nike plus shoes are specific to running, and will have a 1"x1/2" space in one of the soles. This space is there to allow the insertion of a type of pedometer that can communicate to your iPhone, or iPod Nano along with a plug in sensor. This pedometer relays your running speed and steps to track your average pace and distance. It also will estimate calories burned based on time and intensity. You can also upload your data to the Nike+ website to review, but I'll save all this for another review.

CONSTRUCTION:
As I have come to expect from my numerous Nike shoes, the AIR Pegasus+ 28's are solid shoes that will last the long haul. Solid double stitching and sturdy materials go a long way, all while a padded mesh like fabric that allows for supreme breathability. The tread on the bottom is ample enough to last as long as the stitching. In fact wise my shoes for running until I start to wear out the
support for running then turn them into my yard and run about town shoes. Problem is they last so long as everyday wearers that I typically will wear out my runners faster than the others.

STYLE:
I Personally think the Pegasus line is a very stylish shoe that can be worn as everyday gym shoes easily. And since each new series comes in new color schemes the option of colors are very widespread.

COMFORT:
For me the Pegasus line is a very comfortable shoe with ample arch support.  It's designed for a balanced run with little to no pronation (turning) o the foot while running. Although I do not have very wide feet normally I have high arches and tall feet that tend to start to get wider around the third mile of my runs with other types of shoes, but I think the high arch support in the Pegasus is the reason why I feel so comfortable wearing these shoes.

FEEL:
The best way to describe the way these feel on your feet is light and airy. Light because the shoes have a well balanced lightweight feel that you can not only tolerate but be comfortable in all day. Airy because the mesh like fabric actually allows you to feel a breeze through your shoe ensuring a never soggy or damp situation that can quickly  lead to a nasty blister when running distances.

PRICE:
While you will pay a premium for the Nike AIR name, the Pegasus line is pretty fairly priced coming in around $60 off the shelf at full price. Usually though you can find them on sale or use a store coupon to get them down to the $45 level or less if you are very coupon and sale savvy.

All in all I have been very happy with my Nike AIR Pegasus+ 28's. They are my third pair in the Pegasus line because of their unrivaled durability and comfort. I also love the Nike+ ability that helps me track and trace all my runs.

Nike Air Pegasus+ 28 - Womens - White/Pure Platinum/Bright Cerise : The Nike Air Pegasus+ 28 running shoe includes the cushioning and ride that neutra...
Lady Foot Locker
Nike Air Pegasus+ 28 - Womens - Black/White : The Nike Air Pegasus+ 28 running shoe includes the cushioning and ride that neutral runners expect from ...
Lady Foot Locker