OEM Trident Aegis Nokia Lumia 900 Protective Hard Shield Case / Cover / Faceplates Over Silicone... Reviews

Trident Aegis Case For Nokia Lumia 900 Does Not Fit Like A Glove

Dec 3, 2012 (Updated Dec 3, 2012)

Pros:Nice design, bold colors, reasonably priced

Cons:Poor fit, poor customer service

The Bottom Line: The Trident Aegis case has a great design, but it is let down by a poor fit thanks to the plastic case being too small.

Like many others. I like to make sure that expensive smartphones are well protected, and even though smartphones are designed to withstand a fair beating, I still feel better about them when they have a case on them. In the past, I have purchased several different cases made by Trident for various phones, and I had always had good experiences with them, so naturally, when I purchased my Nokia Lumia 900 I decided to purchase the Trident Aegis case ($21.99), and unfortunately my good luck with their cases ran out.

How does it look?

The Aegis case is one I have purchased before for other models of phone, and I have to say that the case had never let me down before. The Aegis is a a hybrid case (half silicone, half plastic) that comes in two pieces rather than one solid piece. This design seems to be the norm now for many manufacturers including Otterbox, and really it is no suprise because the silicone offers great protection from drops and tumbles, while the rigid plastic will stop damage from various hard, blunt objects.

The Aegis case by Trident is a nice looking case, and it is available in mnay different colors, in fact the great thing about this line of cases for the Nokia Lumia 900 is that the colors available match those that Windows Phone uses, so if you chose to have the blue theme on your phone, your case would match it.

The silicone is nice and soft and it wraps about the body of the phone perfectly. The raised buttons on the silicone make hitting the power and volume keys much easier, especially in the case of the Lumia where the normal hardware buttons are slightly more recessed than other phones, and the flaps of silicone that cover the headphone jack and usb port do a great job of keeping out foreign objects, dust and dirt.

The hard plastic shell part of the case is rather dull when comparing it to the silicone. The plastic is black and there are no other marking on it at all, and really that is just fine because at the end of the day, the hard protective shell is there to protect and not make a statement about you or your phone. Overall the Aegis case byTrident looks great, and it certainly add some flair to your otherwise dull phone.

How does it fit?

Any case, no matter what brand you buy has one purpose, and that is to protect your phone if it slips out of your hands, and one of the ways that the case really protects your phone is by having a perfect fit, and this unfortunately is where the Trident Aegis for the Nokia Lumia 900 falls short. I have no doubt in my mind that this case would in fact protect the phone if I were to drop it, but the fit is really bad, and that is a great shame.

The silicone layer of the case is tight, in fact I would say it is about as tight as it can get without being too small. The phone fits inside the silicone sleeve snuggly, and all of the raised buttons, and flaps line up properly. The Siicone fits the form of the phone perfectly, so I have no issues with the silcone part of the case, the problems stem from the harder plastic shell.

The plastic shell is very rigid with hardly any flexibility at all, and in all honesty that is to be expected because that is what it is supposed to be, a protective case that does not give under pressire or stress, but there is a major design flaw with this part of the case, Trident it seems has made the plastic shell too small for the phone.

The plastic shell is next to impossible to slide over the silicone sleeve, and trying to get the raised buttons through the cutouts is very difficult. When you do finally get the plastic part of the case on the phone you will find that the case presses down the power and volume buttons. This in itself causes so many problems such as increasing and decreasing volume levels without you touching the buttons yourself, and the phone wil reboot itself because of the power button being held down by the case.

After contacting Trident and telling them about the problem, they agreed to send me a new case, but the second case had the same problems. I contacted Trident again and I requested a refund, but Trident are refusing to do that, and they insist that there is nothing wrong with the case. This is highly disappointing as it is clear that there is a design flaw with this model.

Conclusion

While I have had great success with Trident cases for other phones I have owned in the past, my experience with the Aegis for the Nokia Lumia 900, and after my experience with Trident's customer service team, I simply cannot recommend this case. I know that most of their cases do fit the phones that they are intended for, but the Aegis for the Lumia 900 is not one of them, which is a shame because this could have been a great product.

Trident Nokia Lumia 925 Aegis Series Case

Designed with a modern protective exterior, the Trident Aegis Series Case is a perfect blend of style and durability for everyday use of your Nokia Lu...

Trident Aegis Case for Nokia Lumia 928 - Smartphone - Red - Silicone, Polycarbonate Plastic

Aegis Case for Nokia Lumia 928 - Trident Green

Aegis Case for Nokia Lumia 928 - Trident Green

Designed with a modern protective exterior the Aegis case is a perfect blend of style and durability for everyday use.
MacMall

Trident Nokia Lumia 925 Aegis Series Case

Trident Aegis Series Armor Case w/Screen Protector Combo for Nokia Lumia 520 (AT&T) -

Take mobile protection to the next level with the Trident Aegis Series snap-on case. Custom-designed to fit the Nokia Lumia 520 (AT&T), this three lay...
www.CellularOutfitter.com

Trident Case AG-LUMIA900-RD Aegis Case for Nokia Lumia 900/Nokia Ace - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Red

Trident Nokia Lumia 925 Aegis Series Case

Trident Aegis Series Armor Case Screen Protector Combo for Nokia Lumia 520 (AT&T) - Black

www.CellularOutfitter.com

Trident Nokia Lumia 928 Aegis Case

Trident Nokia Lumia 928 Aegis Case

Designed with a modern protective exterior, the Aegis case is a perfect blend of style and durability for everyday use. This Aegis cases feature harde...

Trident Case AG-LUMIA928-BLU Aegis Series Case for Nokia Lumia 928 - Retail Packaging - Blue

Ads by Google