Sharp EL-2630P Scientific Calculator Reviews

Sharp EL-2630P Scientific Calculator

Sharp Calculator EL2630GII - Is The Clear Choice

May 30, 2001 (Updated Jul 9, 2001)

Pros:Dependable, Clear Display, No thermal Paper

Cons:I haven't found one yet!

The Bottom Line: Great calculator for office or home. Clear display, easy to learn, no thermal paper. No other calculator can beat it.

I have worked in the accounting and secretarial field for 20 years. I have used many different brands of calculators, but the ones I remember the most and purchase for the office where I am now employed is Sharp.

Sharp calculators have always been a brand that I trusted when I have been asked to purchase calculators for our office. The Sharp brand has always produced an excellent and reliable product. I have never had any major problems from these calculators. They are tough and can take the daily abuse that happens in offices. We have one in our office that has been knocked off of the desk by mistake, had a drink spilled under it(None of the drink got down into the keys) and it still works wonderfully.

Here are a few of my favorite things about Sharp Calculators in general:

1. The keys are spaced just right and just a heavy enough touch that I don’t have to waste valuable time going back over my tapes and looking for mistakes.

2. No flimsy or cheap components! Sharp Calculators including this one seem to be built with the utmost consideration for the users of this product.

3. The Sharp name means quality as far as calculators are concerned. I have used Sharp for many years and each calculator I have used has been very reliable and easy to maintain.

4. I like the fact that Sharp Calculators uses the regular 2 ¼ inch tape and not the thermal tape that so many other calculators use. Not only is the 2 ¼ tape cheaper, but it is much easier to read the numbers on it. The other usually has a blue cast to it that makes it hard to read.

Sharp EL-2630GII Features:

1. Paper Feed Key – This is great to help you feed the paper into the calculator. Some brands do not include this feature.

2. Decimal Selector – You can set this calculator from 0 to 6 decimal places including floating mode, which is shown on the key as an “f”.

3. Print/No Print – You can choose to have the calculator print or not print. You can set it to print the item number or the Grand Total. You can even choose to have it print the Grand Total and no item numbers.

4. Clear Entry Key – I add quite a few numbers each day and am glad to have a key to clear just the last entry instead of the entire number. This is shown on the calculator as a sideways arrow.

5. The best part of the Sharp EL-2630GII calculator is the sharp, clear Display. The numbers are large and easy to read.

If you are in the market for a dependable calculator that has a sharp, clear display then check out the Sharp EL-2630GII calculator. This calculator is available at most office supply stores.

Purchase Price: 69.95

You can print commercial prints of receipts with the Sharp EL-2630P calculator. The two-color ribbon printer in this Sharp business calculator allows ...