Ohio Steel 1500 lb. Capacity Set, Arched Aluminum Loading Ramps 1084A (716504120846) Reviews

Ohio Steel 1500 lb. Capacity Set, Arched Aluminum Loading Ramps 1084A.

Jun 10, 2012

Pros:Traction, weight, size, non rusting, design

Cons:when folding you can pinch your fingers.  protruding traction holes are sharp

The Bottom Line: Good value for the money  Light weight, easy to maneuver and store.  Very stable.

Definitely a good investment for my purpose of loading a lawn tractor into my truck

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202324402/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=ohio loading ramps&storeId=10051
Above is the link to all the specifications and warranty as well as price and other information.
Before purchasing from Home Depot I did check several places on the internet for price comparison and for what it is worth I found Home Depot to be the least expensive and most convenient when you consider the free shipping and the ability to return to the local store within 90 days if you are dissatisfied.
I received these ramps about two weeks ago via ups as the local Home Depot did not stock any type of loading ramps.  These were purchase to replace a pair of old wood ramps made from 2’x12’ x10’, very heavy and hard to store.
I picked the Ohio hoping brand hoping they were made in the USA.    The paperwork states, assembled in USA with domestic and imported parts.   The weight of the ramps (about 53lbs shipped) is great. Assembly looks like a lot when you first open the package, but I found it took less than an hour to assemble and I took my time.  The folded up size of the ramps makes them very easy to store and to transport.  The 750lbs capacity means that if I upgrade to a heavy mower I will still be able to utilize these ramps and on the plus side if my friends need assistance with an ATV unit I can also help them out.
I have used the ramps three times in the past week and found it very easy to just start the lawn tractor (need weight on seat to keep it running) and walk along side the unit while it climbs the ramps.  Traction is provided by protruding upright holes punched the aluminum.  Best if you wear heavy gloves when moving the ramps, the protruding hole are sharp Wet or dry the traction is great.  As a safety feature the ramps can be held in place by an adjustable safety strap and also four metal dowel pints dropped into 3/8" pre drilled holes in the tailgate.  I purchased four 3/8 rubber plugs to keep the hole plugged so that rain water does not get inside the tailgate.
For me they are the ideal thing for loading my lawn tractor into the truck.

Ohio Steel 1500 lb. Capacity Set Arched Aluminum Loading Ramps 1084A

Ohio Steel 1500 lb. Capacity Set Arched Aluminum Loading Ramps 1084A

Shop for Automotive at The Home Depot. These premium aluminum loading ramps feature solid body construction with a punched tread pattern for superior ...

Ohio Steel Loading Ramp. 2000 lb. Capacity Set Arched Steel Loading Ramps 1084

Ohio Steel Loading Ramp. 2000 lb. Capacity Set Arched Steel Loading Ramps 1084

Shop for Automotive at The Home Depot. These premium steel loading ramps feature solid body construction with a punched tread pattern for superior tra...

Ohio Steel 1200 lb. Capacity Set Arched Steel Loading Ramps 1084C