Olay Professional Pro X Advanced Cleansing System (075609037047) Reviews

Olay Professional Pro X Advanced Cleansing System (075609037047)

8 consumer reviews
Average Product Rating: Excellent

+$4.97 shipping Walmart.com

Olay Pro X Cleansing System for Younger Looking Skin

Feb 17, 2011 (Updated Feb 17, 2011)

Pros:Cleans exceptionally well, dark spots are fading

Cons:Batteries hard to replace, cleanser accumulates deep in brush head

The Bottom Line: For $31.99 this is the best anti-aging system I have ever used.  I love it!

There is no fountain of youth, but there certainly are things that we women can do to help make our skin look healthy and to take years off our age.

A few years ago I thought Retin A was the answer.  My dermatologist explained that the spots on my face (that I thought were age spots) was melasma.  He said that melasma is a hormone related, condition, and to stay out of the sun as much as possible and wear a high SPF sunscreen.  He gave me Retin A to help slough off the dead skin cells, but I had a bad reaction to it and stopped using it.

Next I used exfoliating creams that did a better job of cleaning my skin than awashcloth and soap alone.  Several weeks ago while watching Dr. Oz, I heard about the Olay Pro X Advanced Cleansing System, and wrote it on my "to buy" list.  I have been using this for two weeks now, and I love it!

The box contains a 2-speed Facial Cleansing Brush, two  AA batteries, and  a trial sized tube of the Olay Pro X Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser.

Olay claims that using this system gets the skin six times better than a basic cleansing.  Olay worked with leading dermatologists to establish the "Olay Professional Alliance".

The Facial Cleansing Brush

This brush is small and "L" shaped with a handle that measures 5 inches long and a head that is 3 1/4" across (with the brush attached).  There are two buttons on the handle; the largest is the on/off button and the smaller one below it determines one of two speeds.  It makes a very quiet whirring sound when it is on.

The brush attachment is 1 3/8" in diameter and snaps easily onto the head.  Just push and turn to place it on, and simply pull straight out to remove.  I love the bristles on this brush, they are soft and really feel good on my face.  There are five rows of soft white bristles that are 3/8" deep.

The Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser

This is an opal colored gel-like cleanser with micro beads that exfoliate the skin.  It can be used with or without the motorized brush.  It is a very mild exfoliator, perfect for my sensitive face, and it does a nice job of cleaning and is easy to rinse off.

Replacement Parts

Full sized 6 ounce tubes of the Renewal Cleanser are for sale in the beauty department of my local Target store.  It retails for $19.00.  Olay also sells replacement brush heads, which come in a pack of two for around $10.00.

What I Don't Like

The batteries fit into the bottom of the handle, and this is one aspect of the brush that I feel is poorly designed.  The instructions for installing the batteries are in small print on the side of the box, there is no illustration so it is easy to miss.  It reads "Gently rock the battery compartment side to side while pulling to release battery cover".  I found this difficult and I really struggled to get the compartment open.

I use other excoliating cleansers as well, some that are flesh colored.  I have noticed the tiny scrubbing beads tend to accumulate deep into the base of the brush.  Rinsing the brush well under running water does not remove them, so once a week I give it a good cleaning with the spray style faucet in my kitchen.

What I Love!

Just as advertised, this system does a wonderful job of cleansing my face.  It is easy to use, it's quiet, and it feels good.  I feel like I am getting a facial massage!  I do have to move more slowly around my nose area due to the size of the brush head, but there is no part of my face this product will not clean.

Because the system does help the skin shed those dead cells, my face is smooth, but it is also dry after using the device.  I use this at night prior to going to bed and I always apply a night time moisturizer afterward.

I know this sounds like a commercial, but in just two weeks I can see a difference in my skin.  I admit that I used to be lazy about washing my face before going to bed, but I have made a concerted effort to do so, and I am seeing results.

I have a small brown spot under my chin, as well as one just below my bottom lip.  Both of these have lightened, and the one by my lip is almost gone!  I had to do a double take this morning when I looked in the mirror while applying my moisturizer!  I was honestly astonished that this system has helped fade that spot so much that it was hardly noticeable!

You can spend a fortune on products to make the skin look younger, and some of them do work.  However, I now feel that one of the best things you can do to have healthy and younger looking skin is to use a system such as this one, and exfoliate the dead skin cells from the face on a daily basis.

I purchased this system at Target for $31.99.  The Olay Professional Promise reads: "We promise your satisfaction with this product or we'll refund your money.  (Within 60 days of purchase).

This system cleanses skin 6x better* and helps maximize the immediate hydrating effectiveness of your anti-aging moisturizer. Professionally designed ...
Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System 1 Kit, 1.000-Count Features:2-speed rotating facial cleansing brush delivers daily deep cleansing and gentle exfo...
Previously known as Oil of Olay, Olay has been helping women look and feel beautiful for over 60 years. Great for all skin types, the Olay Pro-X Advan...
Listing Payment Shipping Handling Returns Exchanges Store Contact Payment We want to ensure that all of our buyers are offered all the benefits that e...
( Stock Photo )Boxes torn at retail. The contents have not been affected at all.I have tested the units and they are fully functional new - and includ...