Onkyo HT-S9400THX 7.1 Channel Home Theater System Reviews

+$4.00 shipping Hipoint Sales
Free Shipping Newegg.com

Well worth it

Dec 18, 2012

Pros:Excellent bang-to-buck ratio
Ease of setup
Features and quality!

Cons:Heavy, including individual speakers
Included wire is inadequate
Remote not backlit

The Bottom Line: You may never find a comparable home theater reciever and speaker system for this price. If quality and features for a good price is your thing, buy this!

Purchased from Newegg for $680 (I had it set to give me price alert when it dropped under $700). Box arrived in a reasonably timely manner in good condition. It was dropped off when I was out, otherwise I might have asked for a hand getting it in the house. At 120ish pounds and such a bulky box, I had to drag it in.

Everything was accounted for, it didn't skimp on documentation. The documentation was understandable, too. Setup, while time consuming in my particular living room, went without a hitch, and the sound quality is worth all the money and sweat put into it.

For Wi-Fi connectivity I used a non-Onkyo Wi-Fi adapter, without any problems. The internet connectivity features work great with cable internet, I cannot speak as to DSL.

Individual speakers are heavy, standard mounting brackets may not work. The remote control is not backlit, making it hard to operate in the darkness of my home theatre. The included speaker wires are laughable, too short and small-gauge to be of much use. Plan on buying new wire, then make sure to mark which wire is for which speaker.

I would happily recommend this to anyone with a moderate aptitude for working electronics and basic handyperson skills.

This home theater system features 4 HDMI inputs and 1 HDMI output for flexible connectivity options and HDMI video upscaling with Qdeo technology to h...
Hipoint Sales
Best Buy

Buy at Newegg.com ONKYO HT-S9400THX 7.1-Channel THX Certified Network Home Theater System
Newegg.com
Features THX Certified Dolby PLIIz ONKYO GAME Surround Modes Audyssey Dynamic EQ (2EQ) Audyssey Dynamic Volume Music Optimizer Analog to HDMI UpConver...
Newegg.com