Oster 3874 Waffle Maker Reviews

Oster 3874 Waffle Maker

+$5.99 shipping Home Depot

Makes Great Waffles

Apr 27, 2010

Pros:Great waffles, easy to use and easy clean up

Cons:None

The Bottom Line:

Buy this waffle maker!  It makes great waffles.  What else can I say?

I’ve had the Oster model 3874 waffle maker for about 2 months and I love it.  It makes great waffles each and every time.  I just follow the instructions on the box of pancake mix, being sure to add the right amount of oil to the mix, and I spray a little cooking oil spray on the plates each time.  I put the temperature setting close to Max, wait for the Ready light, pour in the batter, flip it over, and about 3 minutes later, we have a big delicious waffle.  My kids love it!  It’s a treat in every sense of the word.

The plates are non-stick, so I’ve never had a problem removing the waffles.  And clean up is a snap.  Just let the unit cool off and then wipe the plates with a dry paper towel.  And it’s easy to store since it’s small and compact once you remove the drip tray and fold the handle.

I’ve also used the Oster model 3883, so I can easily compare and contrast the two models here:

Model 3883 Advantages
Lower cost : $20 versus $30 to $40
Takes up less counter space
Makes perfect size waffles

Model 3883 Disadvantages
Longer cooking time
Small plastic cover plate underneath unit broke off

Model 3874 Advantages
Faster cooking time
Comes with removable drip tray
Makes thicker Belgian-style waffles
Second light tells you when waffles are done

Model 3874 Disadvantages
Costs more
Takes up a little more counter space
Temperature control knob looks chintzy

I would definitely recommend both waffle makers to anyone who loves fresh hot waffles, but doesn’t want to spend a fortune and doesn’t want a big bulky appliance on their counter.  I would have given the advantage to the less expensive Model 3883, if it weren’t for the plastic cover plate breaking off.  So I have to give the edge to the Model 3874 especially since the flip-over feature makes it look more impressive.

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. A simple flip is all you need for perfect, evenly-cooked waffles. The flip ensures batter is evenly distributed...
Home Depot

Product Details Waffle maker for baking thick, delicious Belgian waffles Round-shaped nonstick waffle plates flip for even cooking Power/ready indicat...